Boston folks - Green Monster question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boston folks - Green Monster question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Boston folks - Green Monster question

Postby issyg67 » Tue May 25, 2004 1:49 am

I know this isn't a fantasy baseball question, but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question.

I'm going to be visiting Boston in July and want to go to a game at Fenway (never been there before). I'd like to get some tickets on top of the Green Monster (I know they're sold out) and can't find any on ebay right now for the time I'll be there. Ticket brokers are asking upward of $350 for a single ticket.

Are there scalpers near Fenway, and do they have these tickets? What's the best way to get them, and what do they go for?
issyg67
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jebatzel » Tue May 25, 2004 2:04 am

I am not a Boston fan, but how much are you willing to pay?

I would think you would have to pay couple hundred, unless you want to take you chances at the game.
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Melo255 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:20 am

It's going to very expensive for you to get them. I've gone to 7 games so far at Fenway and only once have I seen/heard a scalper selling Monster Seats and he was as shady as they come. I'm a cheap bastard who pays the minimum for tickets and then goes from empty seat to empty seat constantly trying to improve my location so I've never actually sat in the Monster Seats, what I've heard from my coworkers who have been on the Monster Seats and also the Right Field Roof is that the roof is way better. They are brand new this year and I guess the view and room is just awesome. I also think you could get them for much cheaper. I would continue to scour EBAY, I think that's the best way for you to get them. Keep this in mind, I'd pay a lot of money to get Monster Seats too, so would everybody I know, so would everyone in Boston, they are very hard to find trust me, it won't be easy but best of luck if you can get some.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby issyg67 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:26 am

I'm usually like you Melo, won't pay the $50 to sit in the field box, rather bu ythe $20 outfield ticket and move down to the third baseline in the fourth inning.

But living on the West Coast, I doubt I'll get back to Boston anytime soon. So I thought I would splurge. I know that face value of a ticket on the Monster ranges from $70 to $110, I figured $200 to $250 would get me a ticket. Maybe that's low, but that's what I thought.

I've seen the right field roof seats on TV, and they look good, but they're not on the Monster, you know?

Anyone know what tickets like these are going for, and where I can get them for less than $350?
issyg67
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jebatzel » Tue May 25, 2004 2:33 am

Yeah would have been cool to see Manny's last 2 homeruns he crushed over the Monster.

jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tmoney » Tue May 25, 2004 3:23 am

You could try, http://www.stubhub.com. I have found some great White Sox tickets there for pretty good prices. Im not promising they will have what you are looking for, but I know they will have a lot of Red Sox tickets to choose from. The site is plugged all the time on espn radio.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LBJackal » Tue May 25, 2004 3:34 am

I thought I read somewhere that monster seats could only be bought at the box office at the stadium, the day of the game :-? I'm pretty sure, anyways. But I could be wrong, and I've never been there, so I can't say for sure. Along with Minute Maid Park, Fenway is right up there with the Stadiums I want to visit someday.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DEF » Tue May 25, 2004 4:13 am

LBJackal wrote:I thought I read somewhere that monster seats could only be bought at the box office at the stadium, the day of the game :-? I'm pretty sure, anyways. But I could be wrong, and I've never been there, so I can't say for sure. Along with Minute Maid Park, Fenway is right up there with the Stadiums I want to visit someday.

They may save a few at the box office for the day of the game, but I don't believe so. The team had a lottery before the season. Winners of the lottery were able to purchase tickets online at a specific time with a password provided. My father was fortunate enough to "win" the right to buy four seats, so I'll be going with him, my sister and my brother in-law to see the A's in July. I haven't been up there before, so I'm looking forward to seeing just how good the view is.

This is one time I actually hope Pedro or Schilling isn't pitching. I'd rather see Lowe and have the chance to catch a home run. I doubt Hudson or Mulder will give up much, but maybe I'll get lucky and Zito will pitch and everyone in the Monster seats will be guaranteed a ball. Actually, the A's should try that as a promotion to draw more fans. I can see it now: "Come see the A's, every fifth game Barry Zito guarantees everyone in the bleachers goes home with an opponent's home run ball. Act fast, offer good for this season only, as Billy Beane's too smart to spend any money bringing that worthless junkballer back with a new deal."

As far as scalpers go, the couple times I went to Fenway last year (haven't been yet this year) I didn't see or hear anyone offering Monster seats. Of course, the team/city has cracked down a lot on scalpers in recent years. They're still around of course, but not as abundant or as open as when I was a kid, and since I had tickets every time I went I wasn't on the lookout for scalpers. Still, I wouldn't count on finding Monster seats outside the park before the game. The best bet is to keep checking ebay or try a ticket broker, even though you'll have to pay through the nose for the tickets.
"I'm telling ya, he jumped us. Gloves off, stick down, no warning. He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names. But Dave was there."

"Dave's a killer."

"Yeah, Dave's a killer."

"Dave's a mess."
DEF
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue May 25, 2004 7:29 am

There are standing room seats that can be bought at the day of the game. But the Monster ones go quickest. Best bet is to get to the box office well before it opens.

Good luck.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shakes » Tue May 25, 2004 9:46 am

"They may save a few at the box office for the day of the game, but I don't believe so. The team had a lottery before the season. Winners of the lottery were able to purchase tickets online at a specific time with a password provided. "

This isn't all of the seats, i still ahve camped out one day to get monster seats the for the night game. They do go quick and there will be a line but you can still get tickets the day of the game.
I'm a better lover when your drunk.
Shakes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers