Basic Projection Formulas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Basic Projection Formulas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Mon May 24, 2004 11:29 pm

GucciBaseballs wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I don't need a formula, I have a brain. :-)

where did you get that brain? e-bay :-?

Zito I'm gonna make a league like the Cafe Challenge next year and you're gonna be in it. It will be the ultimate test of man vs machine (I would be like the machine, because hopefully i will have a full set of projections from a good formula).

Just curious, do you draft players based on how you feel each draft? Do you have any sort of cheatsheet? Or are you winging it?

I have a brain too Zito, but unlike you, I put it to use, trying to solve the mysteries and myths of the Fantasy Baseball world :-b

Make the league, make sure to include all Cafe memmbers. How about we even do it another way, you pick 6 people (perferably people that don't agree with my opinions) and I'll pick 6 that do and we'll square off in roto style league.

I make my own cheat sheets based on my own predictions. I hate using old statistics like 3 years ago player X did amazing so hes definetly gonna be great so i never use that arguement. I however, only play H2H so roto would get lots of time to get used to (barely even know how it works! :-D ) .

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GucciBaseballs » Tue May 25, 2004 7:22 am

Zito is God wrote:
GucciBaseballs wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I don't need a formula, I have a brain. :-)

where did you get that brain? e-bay :-?

Zito I'm gonna make a league like the Cafe Challenge next year and you're gonna be in it. It will be the ultimate test of man vs machine (I would be like the machine, because hopefully i will have a full set of projections from a good formula).

Just curious, do you draft players based on how you feel each draft? Do you have any sort of cheatsheet? Or are you winging it?

I have a brain too Zito, but unlike you, I put it to use, trying to solve the mysteries and myths of the Fantasy Baseball world :-b

Make the league, make sure to include all Cafe memmbers. How about we even do it another way, you pick 6 people (perferably people that don't agree with my opinions) and I'll pick 6 that do and we'll square off in roto style league.

I make my own cheat sheets based on my own predictions. I hate using old statistics like 3 years ago player X did amazing so hes definetly gonna be great so i never use that arguement. I however, only play H2H so roto would get lots of time to get used to (barely even know how it works! :-D ) .

ok, Zito we will definetly do this, but don't do it as an experimental league, as that Jets coach said once, "We play to win the game." I will make sure we get all the cafe bigwigs in there, kind of the like the cafe challenge this year.

I also suggest that you join a roto midseason league, it will help you understand the rules better.
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers