Aubrey Huff... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Aubrey Huff...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aubrey Huff...

Postby djacks » Mon May 24, 2004 7:55 pm

He's starting to look a little better, but he still worries me... :-o

Any predictions for him? Who do you think will be better the rest of the year...Huff or Melvin Mora?
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kaz » Mon May 24, 2004 7:57 pm

huff by faaaaaaaaaaar over mora
"They invented the All-Star Game for Willie Mays." -Ted Williams
kaz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Sweet 16 Survivor

re

Postby aardvarks » Mon May 24, 2004 8:06 pm

Huff will be fine by the end of the season he'll be 300 30 100. Don't worry just a slow start.
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 87)

Postby DaQ » Mon May 24, 2004 8:08 pm

Huff should do better, but you never know. 2 monts in the season and he hasn't looked too good-hopefully, he's a 2nd half player.

I need some Greinke help: http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... 506#423506
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kentx12 » Mon May 24, 2004 9:03 pm

I would much rather have Huff than Mora.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon May 24, 2004 9:19 pm

Of course you'd say Huff over Mora but when does it become too long? It is 2 months into the season and it's no longer really a slow start. Just seems like he's playing like crap. Luckily I don't own him but I'd be cautious.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby djacks » Mon May 24, 2004 10:06 pm

I don't own Huff either...at least not yet!... :-B

I've been offered Huff straight up for Mora...I know this is not the right forum for this so I'm not asking for trade advice...just wanted to get some sentiments about both players out there.

Was Huff's slow start (looooong slow start) due in part to his injury...some sort of bacterial or viral infection...?... :-?

I'm sure Mora will cool off at some point...unless he's gonna be MVP this year... !+) ...but when!? and will he still be a top 5 3B?
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Geek » Tue May 25, 2004 11:15 am

Huff is this year's Pat Burrell. This is more than a slow start--it's a guy who's lost his confidence and focus at the plate. Time to sell while people still hold out hope that he'll snap out of it. He won't.

You won't get value equal to where you drafted him, but you're not going to get that if you keep him either.

Ditch the bum.

And there's no way I'd give away any productive major league hitter for him, including Melvin Mora.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pilambp » Tue May 25, 2004 11:17 am

Geek wrote:Huff is this year's Pat Burrell. This is more than a slow start--it's a guy who's lost his confidence and focus at the plate. Time to sell while people still hold out hope that he'll snap out of it. He won't.

Do you have any kind of information to back this up, or is this just speculation?
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Geek » Tue May 25, 2004 11:34 am

pilambp wrote:
Geek wrote:Huff is this year's Pat Burrell. This is more than a slow start--it's a guy who's lost his confidence and focus at the plate. Time to sell while people still hold out hope that he'll snap out of it. He won't.

Do you have any kind of information to back this up, or is this just speculation?

Everything in fantasy baseball is speculation. But, he has not hit while the other guys have started to hit better.

But, here are Burrell's numbers through May of last year:

AB: 188
Hits: 39
Runs: 28
RBI: 25
BB:30
K: 62
BA: .207
OBP: .317
SLG: .441
OPS: .758

Ugly, to be sure. BUT, they are much better than Huff's numbers this year.

Bottom line: You shouldn't trust young hitters with poor plate discipline. People waited for Richard Hidalgo to get better. It took him two years to figure out how to hit major league pitching once they found the hole in his swing. Huff doesn't know how to work a count yet, and it's showing.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers