Sean Casey: Sell high? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sean Casey: Sell high?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ravenmad22 » Tue May 25, 2004 12:21 am

All the reds homers say Casey's a god and everyone else says sell high. Who should you believe?

Don't let your team affiliations blind you to the reality that casey will hit around 310-325 with below average power. The Runs should be up a bit. He's en fuego right now, a good time to get the best value for him, and if you don't, hold him and ride out the hot streak.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 25, 2004 12:23 am

ravenmad22 wrote:All the reds homers say Casey's a god and everyone else says sell high. Who should you believe?

Don't let your team affiliations blind you to the reality that casey will hit around 310-325 with below average power. The Runs should be up a bit. He's en fuego right now, a good time to get the best value for him, and if you don't, hold him and ride out the hot streak.

Apparently you didn't read the Adam Dunn thread where I said sell high if you can. ;-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby bolts801 » Tue May 25, 2004 1:37 am

your brain is too quick on the trigger and your out thinking yourself.

reds right now with dunn, griffey, kearns, and casey ( a 304 lifetime avg) may I add could be one of the deepest middle lineups in the division for sure, maybe the league if kearns gets back to normal, and they all stay healthy.

I wouldn't jump on a thought and sell him high. Hell, ride em while he's HIGH. Someone else wants to. So why don't you?

why do you think your getting so many offers? :)
"Before becoming rich and famous. Just try being rich first."

Bill Murray.
bolts801
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bolts801 » Tue May 25, 2004 1:45 am

Ender wrote:Yes definetly, its not that he can't put up big stats, its the fact he is so injury prone. Always trade an injury prone guy for the same level guy with a healthy history whenever you can.

all these wussboy's anymore are injury prone. There all a bunch of muscle bound adonis's.

I really think all this working out, and stretching is just hampering a lot of these guys. and inhibiting what could be a very long healthy career.

Not saying don't work out. Just saying these guys don't need to benchpress 425 pounds to hit a 96 mph fastball out of the park. :)

Then they allllllll stretch like ballerinas before the game and make muscles they might not use contract when they are done. Then rounding first base on a double ... DO"HHHHHHHHHHHHHH my hammy!! or do'hhhhhhhhhhhhh my QUAD.
do'hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my calf!!!!!!!
"Before becoming rich and famous. Just try being rich first."

Bill Murray.
bolts801
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers