Do you think I can leave it like this? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do you think I can leave it like this?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do you think I can leave it like this?

Postby Super GM » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:20 am

C Mike lieberthal (C-Phi)
1B John Olerud (1B-Sea)
2B Craig Biggio (2B-Hou)
SS Omar Vizquel (SS-Cle)
3B Joe Crede (3B-CWS)
OF Chipper Jones (Lf-Atl)
OF Andruw Jones (CF-Atl)
OF Gary Sheffield (RF-Atl)
Util Austin Kearns (RF-Cin)
Bench Ellis Burks (DH-Cle)
Bench Vernon Wells (CF-Tor)
Bench Aubrey Huff (1B,DH-TB)

SP Pedro Martinez (SP-Bos)
SP Mark Mulder (SP-Oak)
RP John Smoltz (RP-Atl)
RP Mike Williams (RP-Pit)
P Freddy Garcia (SP-Sea)
P A.J. Burnett (SP-Fla)
P Josh Beckett (SP-Fla)
Bench Byung-Hyun Kim (RP-Ari)
Bench Casey Fossum (SP,RP-Bos)

Any improvement suggestions? I almost traded Mark Mulder and Ellis Burks for Hideo Nomo and Todd Helton...But then I claimed Aubrey Huff off Waivers....So I cancelled the trade he counter offered me (Nomo and Helton for Pedro and Olerud). I need some speed in my lineup but I just don't know which players I could trade away...It's always so hard with my own team.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cloverhurstdawg » Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:52 pm

I'd trade Wells for some speed. He might be headed for a soph slump and the manager up in Toronto doesn't like to run.
cloverhurstdawg
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks 4ev » Sun Mar 30, 2003 2:41 pm

i like wells to run this year and have improved numbers with a season under his belt and hitting in the top of the order. (yes i have him on my team) also i think that having the atlanta of might come back to haunt u
Yanks 4ev

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

I'm really new but I'll try :D

Postby SacTown » Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:08 pm

Since you were so kind in giving advice I figured I should at least attempt to chime in :D

I like Juan Pierre for speed myself. He's definately not a HR threat but his SBs and Runs are nice. His Ribbies seem a bit low but his .287 last year was also nice. I'm not sure how highly he's rated but I got him fairly late in my draft.

Hope I didn't totally embarrass myself here. Good luck !

-SacTown
SacTown

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

leave it.

Postby stimples16 » Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:21 pm

dont get obsessed with trading; i lost a league last year because i made a stupid trade only to make a trade. I think your pitching is great and your offense has a good range of ability. If your league is of characteristic stats, then you should score well in most categories.
stimples16
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:10 pm

I think your team is very solid; your pitching, in particular, will take you far. One more closer would make this area even better, particularly if you have daily lineup changes. Your lineup looks decent, assuming there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 teams in your league. No glaring holes, but not Murderer's Row, either. Picking up Huff could turn out to be a great move.

The key here may well be your infield. If you can get solid production here, you'll be in great shape, but getting that production might require a few more moves like grabbing Huff. I wouldn't worry too much yet, but if any of your starters falter, be prepared to jump on a promising free agent.

If this is a roto league, then you're right, speed is a concern. I have to agree with SacTown that a Pierre-type player (Dave Roberts is being overlooked in many leagues) would look very good on your bench. Wells probably shouldn't be the first to go, though - Ellis Burks is nice, but with only five bench slots, that dh-only eligibility makes it hard to keep him on board.

This might not be the easiest team to manage, but I think you're in good shape. ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chinch sacs » Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:37 pm

you have a great team, the only thing that is gonna hurt you is when the braves have an off day... maybe you could deal one of the jones' which ever you like less... i like chipper much more... maybe upgrade SS or 2nd and get speed with the jones of you choice... but overall great lineup and rotation
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team