Is this guys strategy fair!??! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is this guys strategy fair!??!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 31, 2004 6:57 pm

Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Moovee Dood » Mon May 31, 2004 7:07 pm

That helps a little. It doesn't give next weeks starters though. I assume he's just looking at the starters for Wednesday/Thursday games and going with them.
Moovee Dood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby twentysix » Mon May 31, 2004 8:38 pm

that's what a few people do in my league as well. unless there's a guy I would consider picking up anyway, I usually don't employ it, but you can't really complain about it. it is fair.

anyway, we did make a change to make this practice not as profitable: I'm in a 10 team league and this year we added 2 more roster spots to everyone's team, making the FA pool that much shallower. like Jack in a Box said, if someone wants to throw Gil Meche at me 2 times in a week, feel free. in fact, I would encourage them to.
Yanks in '08!
twentysix
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Mon May 31, 2004 9:36 pm

Moovee Dood wrote:That helps a little. It doesn't give next weeks starters though. I assume he's just looking at the starters for Wednesday/Thursday games and going with them.

I'm not sure if next week's are out yet. I just gave you that to check later. They should update it. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Fireball Express » Mon May 31, 2004 9:58 pm

This guy's strategy is legal. Some fantasy GMs live on the edge of the rules, always looking for a loophole.

I'd say fight fire with fire, but in the long run he's more likely to fail.
I'd worry about your own team first and foremost. Don't let him be a distraction. Whenever I make a vengeful add/drop I get burned.

In my Yahoo league we can't pick up and drop more than 2 players at the same position per day. This limits the churning somewhat.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers