My 12-Start Week: Ouch, The Results - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

My 12-Start Week: Ouch, The Results

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My 12-Start Week: Ouch, The Results

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 24, 2004 2:18 am

Last week I noted that I was facing the oddest pitching peculiarity in my 6 years of fantsay baseball -- five of 6 starters throwing one night (Tuesday) and all six throwing on Sunday.

I'm in a 12-team non-keeper 5x5. My team is in the pits, so I thought this would be my BIG week. My staff is:

Kip Wells
Johann Santana
Jason Schmidt
Matt Clement
Rich Harden
Wilson Alvarez

As it turns out, Schmidt's Sunday start was postoned, so it ended up being a 11-start week.

The results were heartbreaking, thanks largely to a mind-boggling implosion by Santana.

Here's the line. Not pretty.

99.2 IP, 97 K, 5.33 ERA, 1.425 WHIP, 3 W, 6 L

:~(
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon May 24, 2004 2:31 am

Except for Alvarez ( and he was snagged well over a week ago in the better leagues ) I cant picture any of those guys being on waivers in competetive leagues. Quality over quantity for the most part is a good move. Dont let me rub salt in an open wound, but who did you have reserved?

All in all seems like just bad luck. If I were you I'd be bummed but just chalk it off as just a bad week.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Mon May 24, 2004 2:42 am

Of course, I had Odalis Perez on the bench, who had a brilliant outing. That's how it goes. AJ Burnett is also on the bench in waiting.

Just a bad luck week!

I have a decent staff -- but I'm still recovering from early season bouts of Contreascitis and Pineirointitis and reoccuring Sanataosis.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon May 24, 2004 2:58 am

d18Mike wrote:Of course, I had Odalis Perez on the bench, who had a brilliant outing. That's how it goes. AJ Burnett is also on the bench in waiting.

Just a bad luck week!

I have a decent staff -- but I'm still recovering from early season bouts of Contreascitis and Pineirointitis and reoccuring Sanataosis.

I hear you man. I've got W. Miller, Garcia, Contreras, Odalis, and Mussina all on my staff in a 16 team league. The first few weeks my Spankee duo imploded, Garcia/Miller/Odalis were lights-out the first few weeks, but were getting no decisions or 2-1/3-2/1-0 losses etc...............

I've since made up ground, but in that same league, benching Odalis Perez for W.Miller cost me this period!!!

Deep sigh.......... Doh!!! :-° :-° :-°
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: My 12-Start Week: Ouch, The Results

Postby wrveres » Mon May 24, 2004 3:10 am

d18Mike wrote:Last week I noted that I was facing the oddest pitching peculiarity in my 6 years of fantsay baseball -- five of 6 starters throwing one night (Tuesday) and all six throwing on Sunday.

I'm in a 12-team non-keeper 5x5. My team is in the pits, so I thought this would be my BIG week. My staff is:

Kip Wells
Johann Santana
Jason Schmidt
Matt Clement
Rich Harden
Wilson Alvarez

As it turns out, Schmidt's Sunday start was postoned, so it ended up being a 11-start week.

The results were heartbreaking, thanks largely to a mind-boggling implosion by Santana.

Here's the line. Not pretty.

99.2 IP, 97 K, 5.33 ERA, 1.425 WHIP, 3 W, 6 L

:~(

weeks like that are tough ... ;-7

If its roto ... Just take those 97ks in a week, and smile at the three wins, and battle on. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Return to Baseball Leftovers