Presidential Election of F.B.C. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Presidential Election of F.B.C.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:18 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:End immigration!

Just wondering: how many players not born in the US are on your fantasy team? :-?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:28 am

Arlo wrote:
LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:End immigration!

Just wondering: how many players not born in the US are on your fantasy team? :-?

LMAO! :-b
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:31 am

WKelly, I often hear the--let's call it the pet pig argument. But we're talking two consenting adults. That's the difference.

And re: legislating morality. I don't see it as a moral issue. And morality shouldn't be legislated, as far as I'm concerned because it begs the question--who's morals?

(On a side note, I think prostitution should be legal so it can be regulated. Why is it that prostitutes are stigmatized but 'johns' are not?)

And my statement about marriage not being a state institution was in reference to the current situation. If you are giving benefits--monetary and otherwise--to a legal union, the state cannot legally give those out to only a certain class of people.

(By the way, I'm originally from Massachusetts and am very proud of my home state. ;-D )
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:35 am

Transmogrifier wrote:(By the way, I'm originally from Massachusetts and am very proud of my home state. ;-D )

Long live Ted Kennedy :-o

By the way thanks for not taking the low road on me marrying a pig ;-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:39 am

wkelly91 wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:(By the way, I'm originally from Massachusetts and am very proud of my home state. ;-D )

Long live Ted Kennedy :-o

Not a huge fan of Ted Kennedy... but, as my dad says, he looks more and more like Jaba the Hut everyday. 8-o
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:45 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:My bad.I should have added that.I agree in the case of a crime an abortion is OK!

As far as two men walking around at Disney World acting like its normal to hold hands and kiss.And then me having to explain it to my 6 year old daughter I am firmly against it.These guys are not "doing it on my couch", but it still is having an affect on the way I want to live and raise my kids.Marriage is simply between a man and a woman.No ifs ands or buts.You honestly think that almost 70 % of Americans should be ignored in their belief that gay marriage is wrong because some high profiled idiot like Rosie O Donnel or Ellen Degenerate makes some dumb speech that gays deserve to be married?Majority should rule in this case but unfortunately it is being shafted.It will lead to nothing except trouble and moral decay.Left wingers make a big case about us Right wingers (BUSH) making Muslims hate us.Well did you know that homosexuality is a death sentence in Arab countries.Muslims look down and want to kill us because of these types of things.They see our society as a immoral cess pool and to a certain extent they are right.So while the left want these things put into law, the Arabs view it as a real reason to hate us more.Not because of Bush!

And as far as immigration goes do you know where most of these terrorist got there educations?AMERICA!We need to either toughen up on the laws already on the books or shut the borders all together.Either way I am all for it.Wont be long and some of these schools in heavily immigrant populated areas will be teaching English as a second language.30 minutes from me is the most heavily populated Arab area in the USA!Go to Seattle and half the signs and things are Japanese.Go to LA and see the Spanish nonsense in the schools.This is America!We speak English.You came to us so you conform to our ways.We dont change it for you!

I don't care what Rosie or Ellen say. I personally think that the former is a blowhard. I also don't care about what the majority says. I don't see what the problem is with 2 people who love each other being married. That's it. If you are worried about the effect on your 6-year old daughter, I would say that a thorough education should explain it. On that topic, I would be more worried about what she is seeing in school and on TV than by the select few gay couples who will subject themselves to the certain public ridicule by people who have an opinion such as yours.

As for Muslims hating us because of it, come on. Death sentence?? They have the death sentence for other stupid things. They have suicide bombings, terrorists running countries, and such. They hate us more for the democracy that we are and because we meddle in everyone's business more than our views on gays. The bottom line is that this country is messed up. Stupid laws?? Any country that will not marry 2 people who love each other yet takes the time to concoct these laws has issues:

LAW: It is illegal to taunt someone for refusing to participate in a duel.
CITATION: §61-2-24. Taunting for nonparticipation in duel; penalty.
ACTUAL: If any person post another, or in writing or in print use any reproachful or contemptuous language to or concerning another, for not fighting a duel, or for not sending or accepting a challenge, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, shall be confined in jail not more than six months, or fined not exceeding one hundred dollars.

LAW: It is illegal for a bingo game to last longer than five hours, unless the bingo is being played at a fair.
CITATION: §14-309.8. Limit on sessions.
ACTUAL: The number of sessions of bingo conducted or sponsored by an exempt organization shall be limited to two sessions per week and such sessions must not exceed a period of five hours each per session. No two sessions of bingo shall be held within a 48-hour period of time. No more than two sessions of bingo shall be operated or conducted in any one building, hall or structure during any one calendar week and if two sessions are held, they must be held by the same exempt organization. This section shall not apply to bingo games conducted at a fair or other exhibition conducted pursuant to Article 45 of Chapter 106 of the General Statutes.

LAW: One must not collect seaweed.
CITATION: TITLE XVIII
FISH AND GAME
CHAPTER 207
GENERAL PROVISIONS AS TO FISH AND GAME
Collecting Seaweed
Section 207:48
ACTUAL: In Night: If any person shall carry away or collect for the purpose of carrying away any seaweed or rockweed from the seashore below high-water mark, between daylight in the evening and daylight in the morning, he shall be guilty of a violation.

LAW: It is illegal to wear a bulletproof vest while committing a murder.
CITATION: 2C:39-13 Unlawful use of body vests.
ACTUAL: A person is guilty of a crime if he uses or wears a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit murder, manslaughter, robbery, sexual assault, burglary, kidnapping, criminal escape or assault under N.J.S.2C:12-1b. Use or wearing a body vest while engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit a crime of the first degree is a crime of the second degree. Otherwise it is a crime of the third degree.

I agree with what you say about English but, unless it has recently changed, aren't we the only country without an official language?? I agree that if I go to Spain, I better learn Spanish and vice versa but it would help if we made it official.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:50 am

Some Arab states punish women by death if they are raped.

See, the thinking is that if they're married and are raped by someone else, they commited adultery and should be stoned to death.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:50 am

T-Mo.......I was gonna bring up prostitution. How can it be legal in 1 state of 50 yet illegal in all others?? I never understood that. I would think that it should either be legal or illegal in all 50 stats.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:54 am

Lofunzo wrote:T-Mo.......I was gonna bring up prostitution. How can it be legal in 1 state of 50 yet illegal in all others?? I never understood that. I would think that it should either be legal or illegal in all 50 stats.

Well, that's federalism for you.

The same thing about drinking laws, wouldn't you think? Do you know how the federal government got all the states to adopt the 21 limit? They said they would withold highway funding... New Orleans decided it didn't need it.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:01 am

Craziness. :-°
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk