1. Expand war on terrorism(but not without UN's full support so we wouldn't have to send all OUR soldiers oversea's.)
2. Education, education, education. Make it available to everybody, everywhere in the United States. If you can't afford, it'll be paid for. With education comes acceptance, and less racism, etc.
3. Invade Canada(hey....why not?)
P.S. #3 is a joke people, so don't flip out.
BTW, I know nothing about politics, so these are just three(well really two) things I'd like to see done.
1) Sell the more useless states to Canada. (north dakota comes to mind )
2) outlaw republicans
3) outlaw democrats
seriously though... hmmmm....
1) end war on terrorism. focus on security rather than p*****g off half the world
2) increase education spending. make sure people can read
3) do away with the electoral college.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
1. Finish the war on terrorism. This means transferring power in Afghanistan and Iraq to the people and slowly withdrawing troops until the situations are under control and democracies are firmly in place. We can't afford to do a quick-fix in these countries b/c the same problems will arise again.
2. Instead of putting more money into unemployment and welfare, fund programs to educate people on how to get jobs and make a living where they don't need welfare and unemployment checks. We need to help get people jobs, not pay them more for not having a job.
3. Create national standards (preferably relatively high standards) for education, and fully enforce these standards. The standards would be set and have to be met in 5 years so that America's youth would have equal opportunities and be educated.
1. Do everything we can to get special interest money out of politics. I'm tired of my voice counting for so much less than the Tobacco industry's voice.
2. More money for education. As a teacher, I can tell you that national standards will not work. As a matter of fact, state standards won't work. What will work is lowering class and school sizes so that you can set local standards customized to the local population's needs.
3. Reverse the trend (mostly furthered by Clinton, unfortunately) that allowed a few companies to take over the airwaves. I live in Atlanta where Clearchannel has something like 10 radio stations in the metro area. A few conglomerates are taking over television media as well. It does no one a favor to get all their news from one source. George Bush gets all his news from Fox and look where that's gotten us.
1) Free Public Health Care. Period. Almost every other country on earth believes free health care is a right, somehow we don't. Instead our taxes pay to fight causes almost no one cares about.
2) Employment. More help for small businesses and less tax burdens on those who work for themselves.
3) Ok this could piss off a lot of people but I believe strongly that something has to be done. Limit human birth. We are running out of room to put people. Already half the world is in danger of starvation. More and more forest and wildlife is being torn down and destroyed to make space for the ever growing population. I'm sure you've heard the question of would you rather have a million dollars or a penny multiplied by itself 100 times. As you know the penny becomes massive quickly. Think of that same principle but relate it to generations and you have a very scary future. One where the whole world lives with as much space as those in Hong Kong or New Delhi now live. Too many people + not enough resources = a dying planet. Nice huh. Think that'd go over well with most people lol. I think too much.
1. Redeployment of troops around the world This means: Reducing the number of troops stationed in countries that do not want us or are not as strategically important (ie. the thousands of sacrificial lambs we have stationed in Korea, and the troops in Germany) and redeploying them in areas of concern and locales that would welcome our presence (ie. Iraq and democracy loving Eastern European countries such as Poland).
2. Addressing Foreign Policy Concerns Such as: (1.) Encouring our European allies to extend an EU membership to Turkey, giving a Muslim voice to the EU and providing an example to the rest of the Muslim world that if they take steps to democracy and freedom that they will be rewarded, (2.) Attempt to reduce the amount of corruption in the United Nations, (3.) Improve relations with China, the world's next superpower
3. Reduce the number of illegal aliens entering the US and instead encourage legal immigration Why: The flood of illegals not only jepordizes the safety of the country by providing an easy access gate for foreign extremists (who once entering Mexico or Canada can easily cross into the US), but also costs taxpayers millions of dollars each year.
1. Bring all of our troops home and increase defense for the country. No more beating around the bush, they hit us, say bye bye to their country and their candy butts as well.
2. Revamp the school system. Too many kids are graduating without even being able to read, spell, or speak the English language. As an addition to revamping the schools, remove any mandatory learning of other languages. Our national language is English, so everyone should be able to read and speak it. If a student would like to learn another language, those classes will be electives, but definitely not mandatory for all students.
3. Make the death penalty legal in all 50 states and quicken the time involved to get the convicted executed. No more living on the taxpayer's dime for 25 years before finally being executed.
4. Make gambling legal in all 50 states. Doesn't make any sense at all for gambling to only be allowed between certain borders within the country.
Yes doctor, I am sick. Sick of those who are spineless. Sick of those who feel self-entitled. Sick of those who are hypocrites. Yes doctor, an army is forming. Yes doctor, there will be a war. Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
1. Sharpen the education system. Like Madison said, too many people are allowed to graduate with sub-standard abilities. Especially clamp down on the literacy rate and syntax. Teach people to use words and use them correctly.
2.Slowly, over the course of the next 10 years, begin to ban cigarettes. They kill far too many people to be legal in our country. All people that smoke must go to meetings until the addiction is slowly let out of their system. Also, have a much stricter drug policy, in life and in sports. Make sure that those caught with drugs are punished. Our drug policy is far too loose.
3. Legalize prostitution in all 50 states. Make sure that the women are STI-free and using protection at all times. Self-explanatory.