Coco Crisp - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Coco Crisp

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Coco Crisp

Postby Surfs up » Sun May 23, 2004 1:48 pm

What has happened to Coco Crisp? This guy can fly. Escobar is having a bad season why isn't Crisp playing? He was dropped Saturday in my league. I am thinking of grabbing him for a buck or two hoping he can get som PT and steal me some bases.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EK711 » Sun May 23, 2004 2:27 pm

Any of the Indians outfielders besides Lawton and Gerut are going to struggle to get PT. Escobar and Crisp were neck and neck during the spring for the final OF spot, and probably will split time throughout the remainder of the year (like they have been so far). If Escobar can show the power stoke like he did in the minors then Coco could really be out of luck. Neither Escobar or Crisp have looked very good, and neither has made a good case to become the full time starter. If you look at their stats they've had a somewhat similiar amount of AB's, and Escobar has actually done better than Crisp. If it weren't for injuries and underperformers in the minors then they could have already been sent down to give guys like Sizemore or Ludwick their shot. I wouldn't grab either Escobar or Crisp expecting too much. They both have decent potential (with Escobar having the higher upside), but until either shows they can do something I'd stay away.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby EK711 » Sun May 23, 2004 3:43 pm

As an update I'll pull my head out of my butt and tell everyone that Crisp will start for Lawton for as long as he is out with that hip injury.... I also remember reading that the Indians were considering sending Coco down to AAA to get him some regular at bats. Looks like he might stay up for a little while longer, depending on Lawton's status.

I still wouldn't pick him up yet though. ;-D
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Return to Baseball Leftovers