Who is the best team in the NL for Fantasy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is the best team in the NL for Fantasy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Sun May 23, 2004 2:53 am

I have Detriot for my American team..... (Lottery)

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Well I guess that doesn't do much to change my pick then, I like Florida. They cover all the fantasy stats pretty well.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sun May 23, 2004 2:55 am

The Cubs will have stronger pitching in the 2nd half. Go with the Cubbies ;-D
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hybrid » Sun May 23, 2004 3:01 am

Cubs and Astros would be the top 2 I think for you then. Both have better pitching then the Marlins. The only thing they don't do as well is get stolen bases. But Patterson could help you out and you already have Sanchez from the tigers. The Marlins offense I don't think is that good, they get you SB's but that just 1 cat.
Last edited by hybrid on Sun May 23, 2004 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Stinker » Sun May 23, 2004 3:04 am

SO...

Florida
Houston
Chi Cubs

anyone else?
Stinker
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Stinker » Sun May 23, 2004 3:06 am

Well, I hate the Cubs.... sorry

So,

Houston or Florida?
Stinker
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Tavish » Sun May 23, 2004 3:14 am

Not trying to start too much of a debate here but what the heck :-D

The Marlins offense I don't think is that good, they get you SB's but that just 1 cat.

As a team I would agree, but to use on a fantasy team I don't. The Cubs and Astros both score more runs, but the Marlins get most of their production from a small part of the lineup.

HRS

Marlins have 3 players in the top 15, cubs 1 (I'll give em 2 Sosa is 16), astros 0.

RBI's

Marlins, Cubs, Astros all have 2 players in the top 15

Stolen bases I figure we can concede to the Marlins so I won't bother looking.

Like I said, not really concerned about it, just bored and in the mood to toy with numbers. ;-D
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby hybrid » Sun May 23, 2004 3:30 am

Tavish wrote:Not trying to start too much of a debate here but what the heck :-D

The Marlins offense I don't think is that good, they get you SB's but that just 1 cat.

As a team I would agree, but to use on a fantasy team I don't. The Cubs and Astros both score more runs, but the Marlins get most of their production from a small part of the lineup.

HRS

Marlins have 3 players in the top 15, cubs 1 (I'll give em 2 Sosa is 16), astros 0.

RBI's

Marlins, Cubs, Astros all have 2 players in the top 15

Stolen bases I figure we can concede to the Marlins so I won't bother looking.

Like I said, not really concerned about it, just bored and in the mood to toy with numbers. ;-D

Going by just stats is very often misleading. Do you really expect Choi to hit over 40 hr's? You pick a team based on what they do over a full year, not a month and a half. Also his other team is the TIGERS, besides I-rod, sanchez and maybe rondell..... who else would he even use from that team? He needs more then just 4 players (cabrera, lowell, pierre, and castillo that produce). Astros have better starters and more people that can help produce (berkman, kent, bagwell, hidalgo, biggio, and heck even everett is playing much better then the marlins SS) also if ensberg gets back to playing well and starting more that's another player.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Elohim » Sun May 23, 2004 5:17 am

hmm well not having ERA and WHIP take away from the Stros and Cubs awesome pitching staffs so....maybe Florida is a good choice. Castillo seems to be heating up and they're getting Burnett back soon.
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers