Jose Guillen, Bret Boone..whats your take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Guillen, Bret Boone..whats your take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Guillen, Bret Boone..whats your take?

Postby Bea Arthur » Sun May 23, 2004 1:48 am

Jose Guillen has started out better than most anticipated, while Boone (and the rest of the Mairners for that matter) has been a bit of a disappointment, hitting horrendously with runners in scoring position.

Should I sell on Guillen while his value is high, or will he continue top put up great numbers even without Glaus in the lineup? And conversely, is now the time to try and go out and get Boone, while his value may be much lower than normal?
Bea Arthur
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AdvRider » Sun May 23, 2004 3:48 am

I like Guillen a lot. He has one thing Boone doesn't -- POTENTIAL. You know what Bret can do, and if you're lucky, he does it. And you can't go wrong with a guy like B.B.

Guillen loves the game. He devours it. He's 28, playing for a contender, and blessed with an embarrassment of talent. Barring in&#@y, I say he keeps it up.

Needless to say, a potent 2B is more valuable than a potent OF. Depending on who you're fielding now at 2B , Boone may pay the best dividends overall. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start posting some deadly digits real soon now.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby DaQ » Sun May 23, 2004 9:03 am

AdvRider wrote: a potent 2B is more valuable than a potent OF. Depending on who you're fielding now at 2B , Boone may pay the best dividends overall.

I agree with this. Also, if you have a very strong OF, you can afford it. But if Soriano, Young or Kent is your 2B, I wouldn't try to get Boone and thus just keep Guillen.

Can you help me? http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... hp?t=63850
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fender1114 » Sun May 23, 2004 9:11 am

at worst, Guillen puts up Maggs-like numbers this year if you ask me. sound crazy? believ me, he is extremely UNDERVALUED in most leagues. i would hold onto guillen and try and get another secondbaseman like mackowiack or loretta for less.
Fender1114
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers