Trade Miguel Tejada? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade Miguel Tejada?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Miguel Tejada?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:12 pm

Hi,
I have both Arod and Tejada on my squad. Tejada's been on fire. He is currently my Util position guy. Should I consider trading him for another hitter ... a bigger bat? I could also consider trading for more pitching but then I would have to play Alou at Util. I would also like to hear what you think Tejada's trade value ... what can I expect to get in return. Thanks

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby it'sbeenawhile » Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:46 pm

Tejada has a high trade value seeing as he's an upper-echelon player at a fairly weak fantasy position.

For instance, I traded Roy Halladay for Tejada just two weeks ago. If you take a look at Halladay's numbers, you can see what I thought Tejada's trade value is. Of course, I needed this trade and that's what you should consider.

I wouldn't bothering trying to move him for a bigger bat- I think his numbers are exceptional and there's no need to trade him that way he's playing. However, if you're in need of pitching, I would strongly consider dealing him for an ace or an above-average starter.

My suggestion is to leave things as they are and to wait. If Alou starts swinging the bat, it'll leave you in a much better position to trade him or Tejada to meet your team's needs.
it'sbeenawhile

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:00 pm

Hard to add much to that analysis... A solid backup at a shallow position is always nice to have. No harm in sticking some feelers out, though - it's always possible that another team with a gaping hole at ss will make you an irresistible offer.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers