Sexson reinjured???????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sexson reinjured????????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun May 23, 2004 12:28 pm

slomo007 wrote:LOL, it's "Little Mac" and "Doc" from Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Someone didn't play enough Nintendo as a child. ;-D

BEST GAME EVER MADE....EVER
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 23, 2004 1:58 pm

Is it too early to panic about this? I really am worried about losing him for the full season and having to add some crappy replacement for my 1B. He hasnt been injured before and Im worried he could be out the whole year.
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby moose » Sun May 23, 2004 2:14 pm

Ive got him too. I think this one will shelve him permanently. I'm looking for a trade right now.
moose
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby West Coast Fan » Sun May 23, 2004 3:08 pm

ESPN News bottom line said Sexon back on DL
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kalibernc » Sun May 23, 2004 3:10 pm

oh joy!
Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun.
kalibernc
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby West Coast Fan » Sun May 23, 2004 3:14 pm

May 23 After aggravating his left shoulder on another check swing in the sixth inning against the Marlins Saturday, Sexson has been placed on the 15-day DL for the second time this season.

Advice: Sexson, who played every inning of every game last season for the Brewers, goes on the shelf with nine home runs and 23 RBI in 23 games, with a .578 slugging percentage - power numbers the Diamondbacks will find hard to replace in his absence. Shea Hillenbrand will get the lion's share of time at first base in the meantime.

May 23 Diamondbacks' first baseman Richie Sexson was placed back on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday after re-injuring his left shoulder while checking his swing during Saturday's loss to the Marlins. It's the same way he injured his shoulder in the first place. Sexson sustained a dislocated shoulder and torn muscle back on April 28 and was supposed to be sidelined six weeks. He came back after three and didn't even make it through two games. "He basically aggravated the same injury," Diamondbacks head athletic trainer Paul Lessard told the team's web site. "He said he felt it slide on him and felt the pain through the shoulder." He will be re-examined by team physician Michael Lee on Monday.

Views: The fear is that Sexson may have done even more extensive damage to his labrum and that surgery may be needed to repair the area. There is no timetable for his return just yet, but you can be sure he won't be rushing back this time. Fantasy owners should make plans to be without him indefinitely.

Good luck guys. Luckily, Sexon is not part of any of my teams.

http://www.fanball.com/bb/article.cfm/ID.122
West Coast Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kalibernc » Sun May 23, 2004 3:18 pm

thanks for rubbing salt in the open wounds. :-)
Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun.
kalibernc
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers