Greinke - worth the 1am wakeup? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Greinke - worth the 1am wakeup?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Greinke - worth the 1am wakeup?

Postby Amazinz » Sat May 22, 2004 10:30 pm

DaQ wrote:Assuming he pitches well today against Oakland, should I wake myself up at 1 am to pick him up? (I live in NY - he'll be available at midnight CT and there are people living in the west coast that can get him at 10pm) I am in a keeper league. Thanks for the help-I appreciate it.

Man you know you're getting old when you're already in bed at 1 AM on a Saturday night. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Sat May 22, 2004 10:34 pm

He's definitely a keeper league pickup. If that's Felix Rodriguez, then the decision is easy. I'm guessing it's K-Rod that you're actually referring to, and I would absolutely NOT drop him. LeCroy has some real value as a catcher eligible, but I'd drop him for Greinke in a keeper league. If you're a serious contender, you should be able to move either Greinke or Jackson for a big time contributor owned by a non-contender at some point, and that's something you'll never et for LeCroy.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers