the NBA sucks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

the NBA sucks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

the NBA sucks

Postby matmat » Fri May 21, 2004 11:49 pm

1) The spacing of the games is horrible. There should not be 5 days between games mid-series and then only 2 days between game 7 and game 1 of the next round

2) the games are "fixed." There's probably a directive from david stern to the refs to call the games in favor of big market teams to bring in a larger revenue for the finals. This is why the lakers are getting all the calls. It is awful. There were several calls tonight that clearly went the wrong way.

3) the players are such punks... the "superstars" are too freaking chicken to play in the olympics. if you don't go you're letting the terrorists win, you bunch of @##$@@@.

4) they don't ever call travels in this league... the latest argument I heard was that they only call those travels where the player gains an advantage... what a bunch of hogwash

5) how about calling the barkley rule violation on shaq every once in a while?

.... vent over ...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: the NBA sucks

Postby EK711 » Sat May 22, 2004 12:08 am

matmat wrote:1) The spacing of the games is horrible. There should not be 5 days between games mid-series and then only 2 days between game 7 and game 1 of the next round

This is one reason why it's so hard for me to watch the playoffs, and overall one of the biggest complaints I have with the game.... I'm not sure how west coast people feel about start times, but I also just can't stay up some of the time to watch a game that starts at 11pm. I wish they would start a little earlier, but that probably would not be fair to all the people that are actually near the teams out there. If I could watch some of the better west coast stuff then I bet I'd have a little more interest in the NBA. Right now I'd take some good college games over the NBA any day. Maybe next year I can actually stand it a little bit because of the cavs and James. :-D

matmat wrote:.... vent over ...

So would this thread qualify for the new forum? It doesn't really say anywhere that you can only vent about baseball..... :-? :*)
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tavish » Sat May 22, 2004 12:10 am

1) The spacing of the games is horrible.

This is to allow for the myriad of court appearances and autograph signing deals which are extremely demanding on the player's time. It's written into the union contract to allow extra time IIRC.

2) the games are "fixed."

A bad attempt by TNT to prove that they really do know drama.

3) the players are such punks... the "superstars" are too freaking chicken to play in the olympics. if you don't go you're letting the terrorists win, you bunch of @##$@@@.

You have to cut them some slack, most NBA players are only 16 years old. The Olympics don't have many eXtreme sports so they might not even know they exist.

4) they don't ever call travels in this league

This is a good thing IMO. More whistles mean more clock stopage that makes it take longer to reach the last 1:30 where things actually matter.

5) how about calling the barkley rule violation on shaq every once in a while?

Was there a rule about being overweight and bald?

Give me NCAA basketball everyday of the week (twice on Saturday) over the over paid, crybaby NBA.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat May 22, 2004 12:44 am

C'mon guys...I am a Bulls fan....the season was over along time ago... :-/

Seriously....I completely argee....and those are some of the big reasons I am not a basketball fan.... :-o
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Sat May 22, 2004 3:34 am

Tavish wrote:This is a good thing IMO. More whistles mean more clock stopage that makes it take longer to reach the last 1:30 where things actually matter.

oh ... right ... forgot about another thing... halve the number of time-outs and forbit consecutive timeouts. I hate having to watch 15 minutes of ads to see 30 seconds of basketball action.

Tavish wrote:Give me NCAA basketball everyday of the week (twice on Saturday) over the over paid, crybaby NBA.

Amen.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Sat May 22, 2004 3:36 am

EK711 wrote:So would this thread qualify for the new forum? It doesn't really say anywhere that you can only vent about baseball..... :-? :*)

yeah.
it was either there, here or the bball forum... figured this is probably the best place as people might actually read it :)
[/quote]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat May 22, 2004 4:04 am

As a Pistons fan, I just have one thing to say...

Kidd = 0

8-o :-°
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wkelly91 » Sat May 22, 2004 6:58 am

matmat wrote:4) they don't ever call travels in this league... the latest argument I heard was that they only call those travels where the player gains an advantage... what a bunch of hogwash

I have not watched BBall much since Jordan retired and that is one of the reasons. I cant stand seeing these guys walking with the ball, and turning it over, IT DRIVES ME CRAZY :-[
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Arlo » Sun May 23, 2004 7:06 am

matmat wrote:3) the players are such punks... the "superstars" are too freaking chicken to play in the olympics. if you don't go you're letting the terrorists win, you bunch of @##$@@@.

When was the last time you saw major league stars lining up to play in the Olympics?

(Yes, yes, insert Dave Nilsson comment here.)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sun May 23, 2004 1:38 pm

When was the last time you saw major league stars lining up to play in the Olympics?

Ahh we can all dream can't we.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to General Talk