Laynce Nix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Laynce Nix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Laynce Nix

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri May 21, 2004 9:49 pm

This has been quite a find for me in my depe leagues....he only plays 70% of the time but he already has 7 dongs and has been quite a high prospect thru 2003....does anyone see him ending up with lets say 22-70 this year?

Or am i a crazy nut?
Last edited by Arrowhead Nation on Fri May 21, 2004 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 21, 2004 9:51 pm

He is going to be a great great ballplayer. He is not on the same level as Teixeira or Blalock, but he's up there. He has been hampered by a neck injury for the past week or two, that's why he hasn't played a lot....but hang onto him in deep leagues. He even has speed....I would look for a .290 average, 20 HRs, 75 RBI, and 10 steals.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Fri May 21, 2004 10:42 pm

geez now he has 8 HR maybe this guy is starting to jump on the same level as Tex and Hank

2HR tonight
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 21, 2004 10:43 pm

I just picked him up....he is talented no doubt...but that OF is so crowded, so he is one that you need to see if he is starting before setting your lineup. He's extremely hot right now, and the Rangers are playing with passion against the Yankees this weekend. Ride the hot streak, no matter how long it lasts.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby flowbee » Fri May 21, 2004 10:47 pm

I've had Nix and Mench, they both frustrate because they take a lot of days off and hit low in the order. I'd rather have Jason Bay right now because noone will bump him out for playing time and looks to have as much potential
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 21, 2004 10:49 pm

I disagree, I would take Nix over Bay, but then take Bay over Mench. Nix is only 24, he completely skipped AAA. I think he's a better prospect than Bay...have patience with him.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Longhorns76 » Fri May 21, 2004 10:50 pm

I love Nix. I thought he was he best OF by far in Texas but like everyone knows they are loaded out there. Give Delucci the days off, not Nix. He has far greater upside and he does hit lefties but he just doesn't get the chance or the at bats to prove it. Its fustrating but hey, I love my Rangers and I will continue to support them no matter what. Thank goodness for John Hart and his patience to build a team.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby flowbee » Fri May 21, 2004 10:57 pm

slomo007 wrote:I disagree, I would take Nix over Bay, but then take Bay over Mench. Nix is only 24, he completely skipped AAA. I think he's a better prospect than Bay...have patience with him.

Bay is an excellent base stealer, and will bat higher in the lineup. Thats why I think he has as much potential value fantasy wise
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 21, 2004 10:59 pm

Nix will steal 10 bases or so.......and it really doesn't matter where you hit in the Ranger lineup, you will get your chances. Honestly, you could argue that Nix hitting 7th in the Texas lineup is more valuable than Bay hitting 5th or 6th in Pittsburgh's lineup.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat May 22, 2004 7:23 am

Took a flyer on Nix for my 25th pick in the draft. He's been one of the few bright spots in my offense.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers