Soo tired of people knockin' Teix! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soo tired of people knockin' Teix!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soo tired of people knockin' Teix!

Postby RynMan » Fri May 21, 2004 9:17 am

People are calling him a bum, a loser, a failure and dropping him everywhere. The guy has big time power and is hitting in a great lineup, in a great park....and your not willing to let him at least get going? Sure he has been injured, this latest injury could have happened to ANYONE at anytime. And he said it himself yesterday, he hasn't been able to get into a groove because of those injuries, so why not wait til he has recovered from them, put together 2-3 weeks of playing time, and THEN re-evaluate him? As soon as you drop him, someone with a spare bench space, and some patience is gonna jump all over him like white on rice. Easy on "Big Teix"!! (the new cafe nickname for him) :-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Fri May 21, 2004 9:37 am

thanks for the encouragement, ryn. i'm all out of bench room (burnett, reyes, d-young, kearns) and can't even sit teixeira. it's been hard going, especially when i read all this noise about people dropping him. unimaginable to me. he'll be healthy soon, and soon afterwards, he will launch project torch-and-scorch. ;-D

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Ender » Fri May 21, 2004 9:49 am

His injury is the type that just doesn't heal well during the season. I personally do not expect him to show his true numbers until well after the all star break. He isn't THAT much of a sure thing that I'd want him clogging up my bench that long.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby RynMan » Fri May 21, 2004 9:56 am

Ender wrote:His injury is the type that just doesn't heal well during the season. I personally do not expect him to show his true numbers until well after the all star break. He isn't THAT much of a sure thing that I'd want him clogging up my bench that long.

Unless a guys name is Eric Gagne, Curt Schilling, Alex Rodriguez or Barry Bonds - then no player is a sure thing. I jus think his upside is way too large to dump this early - the guy hasnt even had the chance to prove anything.

A bruised hand doesnt heal well? Im sure it will be fine.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: Soo tired of people knockin' Teix!

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Fri May 21, 2004 9:57 am

RynMan wrote: soon as you drop him, someone with a spare bench space, and some patience is gonna jump all over him like white on rice

I dumped him 5 days ago and he's now sitting on the wire collecting dust. 12 team league.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 21, 2004 10:00 am

I would pick him up if he was a FA in my 12 team league. He would look very nice riding my bench until he heats up. If he were just eligible at 1B, his value would probably be pretty worthless at the moment. But the little 3 next to his name is a very valuable thing....just give him another month...if he's still not hitting, drop him then.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Fri May 21, 2004 10:04 am

T-Bone Costanza wrote:
RynMan wrote: soon as you drop him, someone with a spare bench space, and some patience is gonna jump all over him like white on rice

I dumped him 5 days ago and he's now sitting on the wire collecting dust. 12 team league.

where do i sign up?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jbones733 » Fri May 21, 2004 10:11 am

ahhh he's not worth hanging onto in every league. Some people like him alot, some people dont , hes a 2nd year man, who split time last year & never has played a full season. At this point if Pedro Feliz is out there, who is knocking the ball all over the place, id much rather have him on my team right now then Tex whos batton around .200 , I do thinkk he has potential, but Blalock is completely outperforming him & people had them rannked equaly going into the season.

Like i said I do think Tex will be a stud eventually, but who knows when , people dropped A Kearns too this year & at this point Kearns & Tex are in very similar positions :-D
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Ender » Fri May 21, 2004 11:03 am

A bruised hand doesnt heal well? Im sure it will be fine.

No I mean the strained left oblique muscle that he has been playing with and has been causing him to hit .210, its not just a slump you know. Those are notorious for hampering players for a large part of the season and he spent the minimum of time on the DL with his. The motion of swinging the bat puts stress on it every single time he's up so it generally takes a long time to heal.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby Madison » Fri May 21, 2004 11:07 am

RynMan wrote:Easy on "Big Teix"!! (the new cafe nickname for him) :-)

The Rangers have called Teixeira "Big Tex" or more often just "Tex" (no "I" in either one of them) since last year. ;-)

I do believe he just needs some time to get in the swing of it and I've got him sitting comfortably on one of my teams. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers