R Lopez. What happened? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

R Lopez. What happened?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

R Lopez. What happened?

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri May 21, 2004 1:45 am

I have him in my American League Yahoo...interesting box score. Looks like he did great until the 6th....maybe his arm gets tired fast..damm Riley! I wish he would have panned out so Lopez could be a stud Mid Reliever. :-t
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 21, 2004 2:04 am

The same thing that happens to a lot of middle relievers turned starters (not named Johan). After the 2nd or 3rd time through the order, batters pick up the trends of the pitcher, and he gets shelled.

Truly good pitchers either won't let themselves be predictable...or their stuff is just so good that you can't hit it either way, Rodrigo is not either.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Fireball Express » Fri May 21, 2004 2:21 am

Free R.Lopez my butt. Lock him back up or something. He was great as a Sp/Rp mid-relief, helping me w/ Holds, Ks, Era and Whip. How long will Mazzilli keep him "free"? ! I'm thinking about dropping him now and opting for a new SP du jour. :-P
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Registered_Guest » Fri May 21, 2004 2:26 am

Bad move by the O's. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Rodrigo isn't any better than a 4th/5th starter on a bad team.

Didn't understand the move whatsoever. If he fails, the effects could linger if he were moved back to mid-relief.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri May 21, 2004 3:35 am

this is a big hit to my American league fantasy team. I've counted on his great mid relief appearances to counter my high era's/whips.

but the good news is that he pitched well for around 6 innings--shutout ball. He's not meant to start.
Members Only Jackets
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 2)

Postby matmat » Fri May 21, 2004 3:51 am

i think rodrigo will be ok. that is the most pitches (I think) that he has thrown in quite a while. he just ran out of steam. he'll bounce back.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jer19G » Fri May 21, 2004 5:31 am

Registered_Guest wrote:Bad move by the O's. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Rodrigo isn't any better than a 4th/5th starter on a bad team.

Didn't understand the move whatsoever. If he fails, the effects could linger if he were moved back to mid-relief.

Well they don't have anyone else to use so... AInswoth is in AAA, Riley is hurt, Omar Dall is hurt, and Cabrera they already moved up and he should still be in AA so THe o's really don't have another choice. They could move up another minor leaguer who isn't ready, but I think the reprocutions would be stronger if they did that. You can think this move was bad, but there is no other choice. I guess they could have kept him in the bullpen and only used 4 starters. :-t Mazilli did not want to move up Rodrigo. He sort of had to.
Demon Days
Jer19G
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby orangecrushv » Fri May 21, 2004 8:46 am

Why are people calling him a mid-reliver converted to a starter? The past 2 years he was a starter... he was just being used differently at the beginning of this year...

-Rich
orangecrushv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ferris182 » Fri May 21, 2004 12:09 pm

I just cut him from my team.... he is a poor starter.

He can't throw for more than 4 innings.
He is a fringe AL only stater.
ferris182
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri May 21, 2004 2:45 pm

orangecrushv wrote:Why are people calling him a mid-reliver converted to a starter? The past 2 years he was a starter... he was just being used differently at the beginning of this year...

-Rich

true....

i think that he used to play for the padres....

and they called him a young pedro martinez, so i took a flyer on him....
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers