I'm "boo"ing Furcal in this thread! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I'm "boo"ing Furcal in this thread!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fantasyfiend » Sat May 22, 2004 12:05 am

tlef316 wrote:even when furcal is totally healthy, i dont consider him a great fantasy player. his runs will drop due to the weaker braves lineup, and his HR's last year were a fluke. he's still a starting fantast SS when healthy, but he is not as good as his draft position this year woukd indicate

Furcal has 20HR power, trust me...his power is no fluke. He knows his role on the team, and is preached to 'spray-hit' and get on base as much as possible. one of the most encouraging things, in the very little playtime furcal has got this year, is his OBP. he was getting on base alot more. drew/andrew jones/chipper jones are still a legitimate middle of the line-up threat. those guys are all potential 30/100 hitters...there's enough power back there to get furcals run total up.

Furcal is one of the fastest players in baseball, and since they dont have as much power as they did last season(although its adequate) cox and furcal have admitedly said, furcal will have a greenlight to 'steal-at-will'. in 62AB's furcal had 4SB. he will be running alot more to manufacture runs. especially with giles is out now. he will have 2B eligibility as well , playing 2nd base while giles recovers (its easier on his finger, since he wont have to throw across the body)

Furcal is not only a guy with elite ability right now, but his ceiling is as high as any. (we have yet to see the best of furcal) i am thrilled to have him...even if its only the 2nd half of next season. with 2b/ss eligibility.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Elohim » Sun May 23, 2004 5:45 am

i'm a little vbuzzed so its time to vent. I hate you Furcal you lousy P.O.S. I loathe you like I loathe those sorryazz Braves announcers, Don Sutton whoever they're boring as hel! and I can't stand em. Anyone who likes those Braves announcers should be hung upside down in a barrell full of leeches. Cesar Freakin Izturis is more valuable than you right now. I have you on all 3 of my fantasy teams and you;re killing me. When you come back you better take lessons from Johhny "don't call me Erik" Estrada so you don't hit like a lil biotch. If you gotta problem with me step up. You know where to find me: in bed with your sister sucka!
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

not sure

Postby JOEG » Sun May 23, 2004 12:00 pm

does this mean anything?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecente ... 523_LA@ATL

Says Furcals leading off and playing SS....

Never checked CBS projected lineups, so i don'y know how legit it is, but its encouraging...
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun May 23, 2004 12:03 pm

damn..i wanted his 2b eligibility.

hey atleast he's back
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Crazy Horse » Sun May 23, 2004 12:04 pm

I traded him before the injury in 1 league, but in another, I have very limited bench space and he is taking up one of the slots. I wish the Braves would just put him on the DL.

There was talk of playing him at 2B because the throw from there wouldn't be as bad as the throw from SS.
BRILLIANT!
Crazy Horse
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers