Danny Almonte - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Danny Almonte

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Danny Almonte

Postby La§ Aguila§ » Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:12 pm

Have you guys ever heard of him???? It is pretty amazing that I see the guy everyday when I go to school. My freinds get sooo excited when they see him. LOL :-B :-B
[b]DoMiNiCaN FoR LiFe ![/b]
La§ Aguila§
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:47 am

Have you ever played against him?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby La§ Aguila§ » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:15 pm

No but I've seen him play with his friends.
[b]DoMiNiCaN FoR LiFe ![/b]
La§ Aguila§
College Coach
College Coach

Postby metsfan1969 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:39 am

Let me get this off my chest......

You know, I am involved with Little League as a coach and board member and I am going to tell you that there is no integrity in LL anymore. It's incredible what some adults do to make the league go their way. There are alot of things wrong with LL and Danny Altamonte was one of them. The coaches and league organizers are also grouped in there. I recently resigned as VP of our board because of some of the crap that the pres, sec, etc were doing. Whoo Hoo for Danny, the 14 year old who could get younger kids out. Please.......idolizing him only verifies that nobody cares anymore about integrity and honesty. I am not saying that you are not an honest person La§ Aguila§, what I am saying is that the indiscretions of a person or group of persons doesn't seem to bother you.

If Danny came up to me tomorrow and said "Hi, I'm Danny Altamonte" I would say "Oh, you're the kid that cheated in that Bronx LL aren't you?". The kid that took away the dream for the Little Leaguers who were actually playing by the rules.

God that pisses me off. Sorry for the rant :,-(
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer

Postby cwebb » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:42 pm

I think he just gets excited to see a "famous" or rather: "infamous" person, not that he thinks what he (or rather his father) did!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amnorix » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:20 am

Metsfan, I have two comments. First, although Danny isn't without reponsibility, I have little doubt that more of the blame rests with his father than with him. I agree the whole situation was utterly reprehensible, but who should we blame.

Second, I'm very sorry that you resigned your position, although I can certainly understand why. If all those on the straight and narrow can't fight for integrity, then my son, currently 2 years old, will have little hope of joining a league with any integrity when he's old enough. It is truly sad to hear that all of LL has fallen into such sad shape. I hadn't heard about that, and it's very discouraging.
Amnorix

----------------------------------
"You can observe a lot just by watching."

--Yogi Berra
Amnorix
College Coach
College Coach

Postby metsfan1969 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:57 pm

Thanks Amnorix. BTW, when a bunch of the parents found out that I had resigned, they caused such an uproar in the town that the whole board was restructured and they voted me back in. I guess they wouldn't let me quit. I am still fighting for the integrity of the league and I have a little help now. It seems they really do care about the welfare of the kids. I was heartbroken to have to resign, but I was overjoyed when I found out they wouldn't let me. One word of advice....be involved if your sons or daughters play sports. Coach or sit on a board if you can. You can only be sure the program has integrity if you get involved with integrity. I am a very soft spoken kind of guy. I resigned and that was it...no criticism or anything. I was lucky that there are other parents who have the same thoughts as I do and the same feelings about the sports program here. However you do it, remember to do it for the kids.

Now, if the snow and ice would go away, we could get down to the business of playing baseball. We had an ice storm here on friday and my power has been out for 4 days. Just got it back. Whew!

BTW, our LL might not be typical and I'm sure there are great programs out there.....somewhere. Don't be discouraged.
Well Look who has come to the cafe, It's Mr. Met!
metsfan1969

Cafe Writer

Postby Amnorix » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:52 am

Glad to hear how well things worked out for your Little League Metsfan. Best of luck to you, and your child(ren) in this year's league. All of us in the Northeast hope the weather turns for the better soon. It has been completely ridiculous :-P
Amnorix

----------------------------------
"You can observe a lot just by watching."

--Yogi Berra
Amnorix
College Coach
College Coach

Return to General Talk