30/20
39%
30/30
33%
40/40?!
4%

Total votes : 67

Postby tal1286 » Thu May 20, 2004 8:31 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:He still sucks as a ball player....I want him out of Philly ASAP. He is a cancer in the locker room, lazy & doesnt know what team means, he is solid for fantasy being a me first a$$hole, but I hate him

I recently moved to philly and I believe that this is the consensus opinion in Philly because of my idiot friends. All philly fans do is whine and complain. Not even cubs fans b*tch as much as philly ones and we haven't seen a world series in 90+ years.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Talyn » Thu May 20, 2004 8:39 pm

I recently moved to philly and I believe that this is the consensus opinion in Philly because of my idiot friends. All philly fans do is whine and complain. Not even cubs fans b*tch as much as philly ones and we haven't seen a world series in 90+ years.

I'm a Philly fan and I never whine and complain, especially about having Bobby Abreu on the team. :-B ;-D.
Though maybe it has to do with the fact that I live a couple hours from Philadelphia and not in Philly. :-?
As far as god is concerned, if he starts using an energy consuming kind of blower or electric blanket, I’ll kick his ass too.
- Brad Rifkin, January 18th, 2001
Talyn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Thu May 20, 2004 9:03 pm

I guess the way he just totally busted it down the line to leg out a single is selfish.
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby great gretzky » Thu May 20, 2004 9:04 pm

yea philly fans didn't have the benefit of michael jordan and six nba championships either, or probably the best nfl team to ever grace the field ...

hate it when cubs and sox fans complain about that, gues the bulls and celtics titles are wrothless, as those two super bowl wins for boston ...

philly had its one chance at the four sport sweep in 1980-81, and came up oh so tiny.

go smarty and go eagles. a triple crown and a WS would provide a nice nfl segue...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby fantasyfiend » Fri May 21, 2004 1:25 am

Slow Pitch wrote:Here is a paraphrased quote from Mr. Abreu at the end of last year....

Well the team didnt do too well, but I hit 300 & put numbers so it was a good year in my book.

If you watch the Phils day in & out like I do you realize he doesnt run hard, he refuses to dive for balls, he is selfish & worries only about himself, nothing about the team

I take that as being an honest up-front guy. you know thats how almost every player feels, atleast abreu has the balls to step up and say it....and not play behind this humble/modest classy cliche comments every other genuinely sellfish players spouts out with a camera in his face.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby MashinSpuds » Fri May 21, 2004 11:54 am

I just noticed that he had 3 consecutive games with an HR/SB earlier, with an SB tacked onto the fourth game as well. He should end up well, but selling high to the overzealous might not be a bad idea.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri May 21, 2004 12:31 pm

great gretzky wrote:
hate it when cubs and sox fans complain about that, gues the bulls and celtics titles are wrothless, as those two super bowl wins for boston ...

Yeah, they count as nothing. I really do not like the NBA. I'd give up all the Celtics titles, the two Patriots ones, and resign myself to ten years of futility for both those teams if I could just have ONE Red Sox championship.

I'm a baseball first, second, third, fourth, etc.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Baseballer02 » Fri May 21, 2004 2:00 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:If you watch the Phils day in & out like I do you realize he doesnt run hard, he refuses to dive for balls, he is selfish & worries only about himself, nothing about the team

Wow, if he's getting 20-30 stolen bases by not running hard, I'd hate to see what he'd do if he actually did run hard. Sounds like a 30/80 season coming up if somebody can get him to change his attitude and not be so damn selfish. What team in there right mind would want a selfish player that hits .300 with 30 home runs and 30 stolen bases?

[/sarcasm]
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers