J.D Drew - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

J.D Drew

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J.D Drew

Postby AirTimid » Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:28 pm

How much faith do would you have in this guy? He has all the tools to be a .300-30hr-100rbi-30sb type guy, but he hasn't ever completed a full season, and he hasn't been that great this year. Is he worth holding on to, or should I try to trade the guy?
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timkell » Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:08 pm

I have Drew too, and he's been a pain in the you know what! I've just decided to keep him on my bench for now and see what happens. If I waive him, I know someone will pick him up immediately, but at the same time, no one wants to trade for him. They'll gladly take him for free, because he could blow up at any time. You can't get much in return. If you can stomach someone picking him up right away, and there is a someone you luck on the waiver wire, that seems to be your only option.

:~(
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:37 pm

I'd hang in there, even if it's frustrating to know that his ceiling is so high. You'd be selling low anyway, so I think it's worth a little patience.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AirTimid » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:42 pm

thanks. I was just offered Durazo for Beltre. I have Ramirez at third >:-# , and Beltre on the bench. Durazo is injury prone, and Beltre has been awful.
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:57 pm

That's tough. I wouldn't worry too much about Durazo's health, but about Ramirez'. If the Pirates do at some point shut him down, you don't want to be caught without a 3b, unless there are lots of options on the wire. If that's the case, though, then go for Durazo if you need a 1b or utility player.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AirTimid » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:12 pm

I have sean casey at first, and Ike hit Tina harder than Casey is hitting the ball. I'm not all that worried about Ramirez because it's just an ankle sprain. It hurts, but he can play on it.
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:22 pm

With Casey, it's a tough call. In that case, I'd take a gamble on Durazo, with greater confidence in this decision the lower you are in the hitting standings.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AirTimid » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:41 pm

Yeah, I took the deal. Someone is offering me Pujols and Hollansworth for Berkman and Drew. I said, "no way". In today's game, Berkman is 1/3-1hr-5rbi's. It's only the 4th inning too! Woohoo. I love Lance!
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:01 pm

Definitely "no way!"
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers