To All the Haters Out There.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

To All the Haters Out There....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Baseballer02 » Thu May 20, 2004 12:07 pm

Madison wrote:Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this is just another instance of people throwing around the word "hate" like it doesn't mean anything. :-/

Hate implies that people personally don't like him. I've never met him, so I have no personal opinions on him as a man. I just don't rank him very high as a catcher. It in no way means that I "hate" him. Huge difference in the two situations. :-/

That was deep Madison. 8-o And to be frank, that was probably to deep for most of the cafe members here to contemplate.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu May 20, 2004 12:24 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
Madison wrote:Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this is just another instance of people throwing around the word "hate" like it doesn't mean anything. :-/

Hate implies that people personally don't like him. I've never met him, so I have no personal opinions on him as a man. I just don't rank him very high as a catcher. It in no way means that I "hate" him. Huge difference in the two situations. :-/

That was deep Madison. 8-o And to be frank, that was probably to deep for most of the cafe members here to contemplate.

Yes please dumb it down so we can wrap our small brains around it. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby planet » Thu May 20, 2004 2:13 pm

more like paul lo-FLUKE-a
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby G-Man » Thu May 20, 2004 3:30 pm

i hate him because he is 4'3. :-D
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DK » Thu May 20, 2004 4:34 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:

Yes please dumb it down so we can wrap our small brains around it. :-b

Me No Unnersdand. :*) :-b
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby rolenfan » Thu May 20, 2004 5:09 pm

Madison wrote:Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this is just another instance of people throwing around the word "hate" like it doesn't mean anything.

Madison, you're showing your age again (remember our 33 1/3 LP thread from a few days ago?). While that is what the word hate means to you and me, these younger guys define it a completely different way.

Happens all the time, words that mean one thing to one generation have different meaning to another generation.

Remember George Carlin's "7 words you can't say on TV"? There's only about two or three of them that are still taboo, and a few have been added to the popular language.

Remember when coke was something you drank? And gay meat happy?

Alls I'm sayin' is stop dissin' on da yung dudes, pops. Let 'em speak their own anguage, it's harmless.

But, you're probably one of those guys who wnats to see pitchers hit and thinks the mound should be three inches taller still.
"You can observe a lot by watching" Yogi
rolenfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Thu May 20, 2004 5:33 pm

rolenfan wrote:But, you're probably one of those guys who wnats to see pitchers hit and thinks the mound should be three inches taller still.

I'm actually one of the few who enjoys watching both leagues. :-)

Yes, I understand about the kids, but if someone wants to call me a "hater" then they really need to understand what the word "hate" means. I could care less about the street lingo. Leave it at the door and approach me like a man. Not too hard to do, now is it? ;-)

Rolenfan wrote:Alls I'm sayin' is stop dissin' on da yung dudes, pops. Let 'em speak their own anguage, it's harmless.

Fo' shizzle mah dizzle. I'm outy n' crusin' ta tha hizzous ta hang wit' mah homies. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Thu May 20, 2004 5:45 pm

Personally, I think using the expression "Hating on" is stupid. So is "Giving props" and a thousand other slang expressions created by young people. Most people grow out of it, but for some reasons, certain people think it's not cool or they're "selling out" if they speak proper English. To each his own, I say. People that speak ignorantly are only hurting themselves.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rolenfan » Thu May 20, 2004 6:02 pm

josebach wrote:Personally, I think using the expression "Hating on" is stupid. So is "Giving props" and a thousand other slang expressions created by young people. Most people grow out of it, but for some reasons, certain people think it's not cool or they're "selling out" if they speak proper English. To each his own, I say. People that speak ignorantly are only hurting themselves.

"Cool" is one of the words that my generation used, our parents hated it (that's the proper use of the word, right?), even threatened to punish us for using it, and it still eventually made it into our everyday language.

Words are just words. I don't care what people say as long as I understand waht they mean and they aren't interviewing for a job with me. It's the context of your statements and your actions that matters to me.
rolenfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rolenfan » Thu May 20, 2004 6:03 pm

Madison wrote:Fo' shizzle mah dizzle. I'm outy n' crusin' ta tha hizzous ta hang wit' mah homies. :-°

Sweet, now you're catching on ;-D
rolenfan
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers