O. Perez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

O. Perez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

O. Perez

Postby mwb743s » Thu May 20, 2004 1:26 am

Did anyone see the Pirates game tonight?? What happened with Perez? I was gonna pick him up tonight but I am not sure what happened 3IP 0ER and 1K did he get hurt? Somebody fill me in please!
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby Chopper » Thu May 20, 2004 1:34 am

I didn't see the game, but looking at the rest of that pitching line, 2H, 4BB, 4R (and Yahoo has 5K), it appears that he had some control issues compounded by a two-out error. Good for tonight's fantasy play, but not so hot for Perez' outlook.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby donut » Thu May 20, 2004 1:46 am

i think he got traded to san diego.
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hybrid » Thu May 20, 2004 2:26 am

evidently had no control (4 walks in 3IP) my guess is they just took him out cause he wasn't being effective at all. He ended up throwing 77 pitches in his 3IP.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Shermars » Thu May 20, 2004 7:56 am

He had a rough first inning. Errors behind him and no getting the calls from the man behind the plate. The pitching coach got the boot in the 1st for arguing balls & strikes. Nonetheless, if D. Ward catches a routine fly early in the 1st, all is OK and he pitches much longer. He was not wild like he had been with SD last year.

If you are high on him, nothing to worry about from this outting (except for the Pirates lack of run scoring).
I will not rest until I have you holding a coke, wearing your own shoe, playing a Sega game featuring you, while singing your own song in a new commercial starring you, broadcast during a super bowl game you are winning. Show me the $$$!!!
Shermars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu May 20, 2004 1:16 pm

Let's not forget that this is a young kid who was making his first start against the team that traded him away. Cut himsome slack for being nervous.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers