Did Graves look bad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Did Graves look bad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Rhymes_T79 » Thu May 20, 2004 1:49 pm

"does graves ever look good?"

who really cares?! his 17 saves should erase anyone's animosity towards him. and who cares about his 4 blown saves? he can have 20 blown saves by seasons end for all i care, as long as he gets 50+ saves! oh wait, he IS on pace... and he's not hurting ur averages in the process! what more do you want?
Without ME it would just be AWESO.
Rhymes_T79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Thu May 20, 2004 2:00 pm

what was the question, folks? did graves look bad. yes, he looked bad. and yes, he almost always looks bad.

his offense frequently picks him up--which helps, and is more reason to triumph in your fantasy ownership of #32.

the defense behind him is occasionally able to snare the rocket-shot to all fields--and another reason to be jubilant as a graves owner.

and he has had a lot of save opps--another great reason.

so, while i think he's awful, and a nightmare to watch--night in and day out--he continues to provide respectable fantasy numbers, and that's what you guys who own him really want.

but he still looked horrendous. as per the norm. just had to throw that in there again.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu May 20, 2004 5:50 pm

Yeah, he looked really horrible as he struck out three of the four batters he faced after giving up one longball to arguably the hottest hitter in baseball right now.

idiots. %-6
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby benjapage » Thu May 20, 2004 5:59 pm

leiter fan, you're right. and hopefully, all the GMs around mlb will see your side of things when they begin to make offers for graves.

and hopefully, dan o'brien is as big an idiot as am i. we idiots enjoy each others' company.

did you watch graves pitch? night after night as i am compelled to do? never mind...

:-B idiot,
b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Jer19G » Thu May 20, 2004 6:43 pm

take it easy gents. All I know is Graves is getting saves and has respectable era and whip numbers, so he is a good fantasy producer who I am happy to have on my roster. He may not be the best closer in real life but that ain't gonna stop me from dropping him. Next year he is probably going to loose his job to Wagner anyway.
Demon Days
Jer19G
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby benjapage » Thu May 20, 2004 9:36 pm

graves looked very good tonight (even tho' i was still nervous upon his entry). confident, quick and strong.

his saves total is simply amazing. how are the reds involved in all these close games? whoa. 8-o

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheArch1tect » Thu May 20, 2004 10:02 pm

all that matters are the saves - as long as the era is fairly decent then its all good.
TheArch1tect
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WhiteHot » Thu May 20, 2004 10:10 pm

All that matters is the saves? The dude is a walking time bomb. He's blown 4 saves already. He'll blow a lot more. And just wait. You'll see the ERA and WHIP get blown out of the water too.

He's in the Herges, Biddle, Koch tier of closers.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby B.O.S. Owner » Thu May 20, 2004 10:15 pm

So this rookie in our fantasy league sends me an email today and asks if I would consider trading Pujols to him for Graves. Of course I let him down easy....when I quit LMAO!
"Winning isn't everything....IT IS THE ONLY THING!"
B.O.S. Owner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedro » Thu May 20, 2004 10:25 pm

WhiteHot wrote:All that matters is the saves? The dude is a walking time bomb. He's blown 4 saves already. He'll blow a lot more. And just wait. You'll see the ERA and WHIP get blown out of the water too.

He's in the Herges, Biddle, Koch tier of closers.

Exactly. Although I like to use the term walking disaster.

18 SV out of 22 SVO is not that impressive. Hell almost any closer in baseball could produce that ratio.

The only difference is the guy gets so many SVO. I guess that makes him good. :-?
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers