Advice on My team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Advice on My team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Advice on My team

Postby help » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:22 pm

First draft some advice on where I need help?
Its a 5X5 roto league

C Mike Piazza
C Charles Johnson
1b Raul Ibanez
2b Jose Vidro
ss Edgar Renteria
3b Scott Rolen
Of Ken Griffey Jr.
Of Darrin Erstad
Of Albert Pujols
Of Jacque Jones
Of Brian Jordan
U Frank Thomas
U Joe Crede
Reserve Carl Crawford

P Curt Schilling
P Mark Prior
P Jason Schmidt
P Hideo Nomo
P Tomo Okha
P Billy Wagner
P Mariano Rivera
P Brandon Looper

Any glaring weaknesses which I should address and if you had to grade this team what would it get. To me it seems like it all rests on Ken Griffey if he has amazing season I have good shot. If not I probably be upper middle pack.
help

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby help » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:39 pm

by the way 10 team league
help

Postby TWINSFAN48 » Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:26 pm

my first thought is to trade Griffey (I think his value has skyrocketed) but its up to you depending on if you think he will get hurt. Trade him for a SP like Hudson or Colon.

But other than that your team looks strong except for Ibanez at 1st.

good job drafting. ;-D

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Hunter to the wall and he makes the catch....

... Sharply hit Mientkiewicz! with a diving grab...

...Guzman is rounding 2nd and is in with a stand up triple.

"The Minnesota Twins, Get to know em"
TWINSFAN48
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Watching Torii Hunter catch baseballs like Spiderman

Postby help » Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:40 pm

If anything I felt i needed Griffey to have a good year for my outfield to not be just an "average" outfield. Erstad and Pujols are nice in the outfield but I just have a sneaking position Pujols will be in the infield before the end of the year. So by saying starting pitching you dont think Schilling, Prior, Schmidt, Nomo, Ohka are solid. I feel W, K I will be top 3 in my league. As for ERA WHIP that can change very easily year to year.
help

Postby DS1779 » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:48 pm

Ibanez is not an answer at 1st. Had a good breakout year, but not a superstar. He got lucky batting around Beltran and Sweeney. You need a closer, try to pick up Acevedo until Rivera comes back. Looper is a nice pickup, Marlins will be a big surprise. Should get you about 30-40 saves. Outfield is pretty good, Griffey, Pujols are awesome. Erstad = injury prone ; Jordan = on the decline ; Jacque = had a good year, won't match those numbers. Big Hurt is garbage, get rid of him. Try to get someone to bite on a Ibanez, Jacque, and Erstad for a solid OF (like a Jim Edmonds type) and a good 1B, maybe a young starter. Make a "blockbuster"!
Good luck

DS1779
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby help » Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:21 pm

I have tried to obtain Acevado but must pass waiver. I still figure Rivera for 30 saves and with Wagner 40 saves and Looper this is still not enough? Im figuring with K and W if i do average on saves Ill be in good shape. But I see a consensus on me getting a better first basemen but i feel my depth is not great to obtain one. Ill try the trade you said but i dont like edmonds(injured too often). Im thinking more the Shawn Greens and Brian Giles of the world. Can someone explain why F. Thomas and E. Burks are so undervalued? I know you lose versatility because they cant play any position but damn good stats for utility players dont you think?
help

I like it

Postby CorySnyder » Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:30 am

I like Looper as your 3rd RP... He could be a HUGE surprise this year!! As for Ibanez, I have to disagree with some of the others. IF you look at 1B's Ibanez is at least a top 10 guy. Youre not THAT weak there. He'll probably hit 295 28 100 and he doesnt strike out either. If you have to stick with him, dont sweat it. I also like your top 3. All power pitchers who will rack up the K's

CorySnyder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team