How do YOU get autographs? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

How do YOU get autographs?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:59 pm

I can't find anywhere where you have to send anything in, it just has info on shows.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:15 pm

The only signatures I have gotten are by hand. Just bring a ball to a game and you can probably get somting signed. I always see players throwing near the right field foul pole (in fenway). Then there are a group of people calling for them, eventually they come over and if you stick your arm out far enough they will sign it. The best trick is to get a young prospect. If you call out their name they usually almost run over and sign everything you have. If its thier first game in the bigs, in my experience, they have almost been estatic to sign things.
Sorry my program for making sigs is broken
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Postby Zito is God » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:34 pm

Pokey Reese MVP wrote:The only signatures I have gotten are by hand. Just bring a ball to a game and you can probably get somting signed. I always see players throwing near the right field foul pole (in fenway). Then there are a group of people calling for them, eventually they come over and if you stick your arm out far enough they will sign it. The best trick is to get a young prospect. If you call out their name they usually almost run over and sign everything you have. If its thier first game in the bigs, in my experience, they have almost been estatic to sign things.

I have never arrived early to a game (haven't been to too many games either), do they allow you to walk all over, I know lots of people stand by the 3rd base line to nab foul balls during pre game batting practice or something. Will security just let me go to any part opf the stadium before the game, like by the 1st and 3rd foul line seats and stuff?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:29 am

Ya you can go anywhere as long as your not on the field or in some special seats (green monster seats etc.). If you go to a stadium that usually draws low attendence you will probably not sit in your actual seat. When I see the Celtics I can always move up to better sections simply because no one is sitting there. However its safe to wait 10 - 15 minutes into the game before you take seats that aren't yours.
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Postby Pokey Reese MVP » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:29 am

Ya you can go anywhere as long as your not on the field or in some special seats (green monster seats etc.). If you go to a stadium that usually draws low attendence you will probably not sit in your actual seat. When I see the Celtics I can always move up to better sections simply because no one is sitting there. However its safe to wait 10 - 15 minutes into the game before you take seats that aren't yours.
Pokey Reese MVP
College Coach
College Coach

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia