Larry Walker.. Take a chance or leave him alone? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Larry Walker.. Take a chance or leave him alone?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Larry Walker.. Take a chance or leave him alone?

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed May 19, 2004 8:33 pm

There is talk that he may be coming back by May 25th and when he's able to stay in the lineup we all know what he can do. But is he worth the risk to try and attain at a cheap price? I've been using the hot hand method so far this season for my OF as I didn't draft my 2nd OF until round 17. So far its been going ok. But I'd like to try and get a guy that I know when healthy, will produce.. not just be a streaky hitter. I'm torn though because I'm just worried he'll go right back on the DL. What are poeples thoughts on him?
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GucciBaseballs » Wed May 19, 2004 8:53 pm

he is worth it
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed May 19, 2004 10:13 pm

When he is healthy....gotta have him in the line up.... :-) ...but how long he will be healthy is another concern.... :-/ ....If you can get him cheap then I would take the chance.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu May 20, 2004 12:28 am

Thanks for the replies.

As for Larry.. My thinking was that G.Anderson is a big ? mark right now and I was seriously considering offering Anderson for Walker hoping that if Anderson is out for the season that I'll get something pretty good in return if I dont mind the risk of Walker to injuring himself after coming of the DL. Anyone think that is to much to give up to get Walker even considering Anderson uncertainty?
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby nmarq8 » Thu May 20, 2004 12:39 am

hmmm, tough call. i know from watching the angels over the years that g. anderson has a great work ethic, usually doesn't do any complaining as far as lingering injuries (contrary to glaus), and hates to be away from the game. that can be good and bad because this mystery injury could be bad. i'm of the thinking that he'll get over this pretty soon because he's a gamer. if someone in my league tried to trade him cheaply i'd take it and stash him on my bench. tough decision though, i live in LA and all the doctors that have seen him can't figure it out. if i were you i'd hold onto him.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nmarq8 » Thu May 20, 2004 2:29 am

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=62748

well i feel pretty dumb. don't listen to me, do whatever you deem fit for your team. i just hope the guy's alright.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu May 20, 2004 3:12 am

nmarq8 wrote:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=62748

well i feel pretty dumb. don't listen to me, do whatever you deem fit for your team. i just hope the guy's alright.

lol ive read that thread to. But that was really why i was wanting anyones input on Walker.. and I gues Anderson as well..as to how they were going about handling Anderson. Everyone dumping? Sitting tight? Trying to trade for w/e they can get? In this case I was wondering if it'd be worth it, seeing as how Walker is just as capable when healthy of putting up close to the numbers Anderson does. But I'm I just trading one headache for another? I was kinda thinking of going out and getting whatever I possibly could at this point- this case Walker was one option I was considering. So no worries. Any input is welcome :-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby giants8307 » Thu May 20, 2004 3:53 am

I'm staying with anderson for the time being. However, some people coming off injuries are looking pretty good on the WW right now(Burnett, reyes, walker). Its really a tough call, and my patience is waining. I certainly wouldn't say anyone was dumb for dropping him now...
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers