Criag A. Wilson...the Real Deal? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Criag A. Wilson...the Real Deal?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:34 pm

It's very doubtful that he'll do Soriano in the deal because he has no backup for 2b.

Do you think Green and Nen is enough for Glavine and Wickman?

I'm afriad if I offer Berkman and Nen he will be turned off and the deal won't be possible to later suggest Green

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:15 pm

So far this year, Green's numbers are ahead of Berkman's, so it's hard to say which offer might or might not turn the other team off. Why not offer to let the other team choose one of those two? If you get Green, that would be what you intended anyway, and if it's Berkman, so much the better. The other team also benefits by having more options; often, this is a good way to help get a deal done.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:27 pm

Well I put in the trade proposal offering Berkman or Green and we'll see if he accepts.

Could use some other advice on FA pickup for my outfield. I've been picking up Alou and then dropping him for Craig Wilson, but I'm afriad that the hot run may be over. Here are a list of available FA. Could you give me some advice?

Finley, Steve
Giambi, Jeremy
Hollandsworth, Todd
Adam Piatt

Thanks for all your expert advice. ;-)

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 20, 2002 4:52 pm

Sure thing. :-> And of that group, I like Finley at the moment for decent stats across the board.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:12 pm

well, I didn't give Criag Wilson a chance, but I think Finley will be better in the long run. Picked up Finley and dropped Craig Wilson.

Guess I'll just wait to hear about Osuna. If you hear any news let me know and I'll probably drop Escobar.

Any news on when Flash Gordon will be back?

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:03 am

Gordon could be back as early as the beginning of July, depending on how his rehab stint goes. We'll know more in a day or two, hopefully.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:13 am

Thanks. I guess Flash will be pitching in Triple A this upcoming week.

Since Spivey went down with an injury, I've had to replace him with Luis Rivas. There are a few 2b that I'm interested in replacing Rivas and was wondering if it's worth it until Spivey comes off the DL. Here they are:

Vina, Fernando
Sanchez, Rey
Young, Michael
Anderson, Marlon

Thanks.

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:42 am

If it's a free pickup, someone like Vina should indeed be worth it. If you have to use significant FAAB budget or lose a good waiver priority (for example), then you'll have to weigh the pros and cons. If such a pickup wouldn't set you back too much when it comes to future roster moves, I'd go ahead and replace Rivas.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers