Thoughts On Posada, Chipper, Renteria - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts On Posada, Chipper, Renteria

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts On Posada, Chipper, Renteria

Postby rlee » Wed May 19, 2004 6:02 pm

1. When Posada broke his nose, I picked up Victor Martinez as a FA. I kept Posada on the bench until I saw how he was. Do I ride Martinez' hot streak, keep Jorge on the bench, or get Jorge in ASAP?
:-?
2. I traded Derrek Lee last week for Chipper, but he has looked horrible since cominhg back from the DL, especially last night against the Unit. He was pathetic. Do I keep him. If Kearns gets hot do I drop Chipper for Kearns?
:-P
3. Why is Renteria not running? Is it his back? Renteria vs. O. Cabrera?
:-[
HELP!!!!!!!!!!
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed May 19, 2004 6:10 pm

If there is one thing I don't worry about in the world, it's that Chipper will be his normal self, year after year, until he's at least 35 IMO. He might drop slightly every year, but he will hit...he's a natural born hitter, don't worry about him.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 19, 2004 6:13 pm

Concerning Posads, start Posada. Put Victor into a util spot if you have one available. Posada is arguably the best fantasy catcher and in that lineup I don't see how you rationalize benching him. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby leafz17 » Wed May 19, 2004 6:56 pm

I don't mind benching Posada after coming back from a broken nose when you have an option to start to hottest catcher in fantasy baseball right now. I suggest riding out VMart's hot streak then placing Posada back in the Catcher spot.

Regarding Chipper, just relax. We all know Chipper can hit, it just might take him a little while to warm up. I expect him to jack a few in the next week or so and he'll be right back to his regular form. Its crazy talk to speak of dropping Mr. Jones.
leafz17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers