What happened to Bagwell's power??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What happened to Bagwell's power???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What happened to Bagwell's power???

Postby planet » Wed May 19, 2004 11:34 am

He hasn't hit a homer in a month... and he's not getting any younger... Should Bagwell owners lower their expectations for him this year?
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed May 19, 2004 11:37 am

Right, Jeff Bagwell will never hit a home run again this season. This is Jeff Bagwell folks, one of the best first baseman for the past ten years, players go through slumps, and some fantasy baseball players need to realize that slumps do indeed occur with every player. Baggs had a slow start to the season last year, and ended up doing very well. He'll be fine, quit worrying about such great hitters.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed May 19, 2004 11:39 am

Note: I wasn't tryin to bash ya or anything planets, just a little rant of mine. It's very irritating to see all sorts of posts asking if great hitters will continue to hit bad, when people should know that they certainly will not.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby EK711 » Wed May 19, 2004 12:59 pm

Is that shoulder of his still really gimpy? I know it was bothering him in the past and he still managed to pound the living daylights out of the ball, but will it adversely effect effect him sometime in the future on offense? Heck, I haven't even heard much about it lately. Does he still have trouble throwing the ball? I may just be way off, but I thought his shoulder was still a big problem for him and had caused him to have pain when throwing still. I'm not trying to throw up any red flags about a nagging injury causing him to lack production, because I don't think he really is off from years past. It's not like when he came back from surgery his ability at the plate dropped off. I'm just more or less curious I guess as to what the state of his shoulder currently is. Anybody care to enlighten me as to how bags shoulder is doing?
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby big shot » Wed May 19, 2004 1:05 pm

the guy lost alot of weight because he said that he said he was too old for heavy lifting so he stopped , so thats where his power went
big shot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bell » Wed May 19, 2004 1:19 pm

I don't recall who they were playing, but the bases were loaded and the infield was in and a groundball was hit to Bagwell. The commentators were talking about how he had to soft toss it to home plate rather than getting some oomph on it and that prevented them from being able to go back to first for a double-play. So it appears shoulder strength is still an issue for him.
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby planet » Thu May 20, 2004 3:39 pm

so bagwell isn't lifting and he has a bum shoulder... great... just great...
planet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EK711 » Thu May 20, 2004 5:42 pm

Don't know if you're freakin out about this at all or not planet (or anyone else)... But I wouldn't. The shoulder thing happened way back in 2001. Bags had probably more of a bum shoulder back in 2001 and 2002 and he still managed to jack 30+ homers each year, so I wouldn't worry about him lacking power too much. I just raised the question about his shoulder because I was just curious as to whether or not he was still playing with it hurting some. IMO Bagwell is still gonna get 30+ homeruns and 100+ RBI when all is said and done. It's one of those things that really only effects his throwing, not really his hitting. If it did effect his hitting you would have seen a huge dropoff in his numbers, but they haven't really. Bagwell should be fine. ;-D
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby mcmahojl » Thu May 20, 2004 5:53 pm

I know for sure that Bags' injury is still a big problem for him. He can barely throw a baseball. :,-( BUT, on the brighter side, it does not effect his swing...what it does effeect is his workouts...he cannot lift like he used to, so he is getting older and not getting any bigger. He will still hit for a decent average, .315? and because of that 'everyone-can-get-on-base' lineup, he should knock in a fair amount of RBI's too. I seconf that to someone else's earlier post. ;-D
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Strasil42 » Thu May 20, 2004 10:04 pm

the guy lost alot of weight because he said that he said he was too old for heavy lifting so he stopped

BALCO ALERT.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers