Byung-Hyun Kim Trade Rumors - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Byung-Hyun Kim Trade Rumors

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed May 19, 2004 4:38 pm

I hear we're planning to trade Kim for something useful, like a bag of peanuts and a 6-pack.

Oh wait, that's the fans' idea. I have no idea what the Sox are going to do with him. Maybe they'll shoot him out of a cannon into the Atlantic...
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Wed May 19, 2004 5:11 pm

i would love for him to go somewhere with a good pitching coach. atlanta and nym come to mind here. they guy needs some confidence and guidance. he can get them there.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zito is God » Wed May 19, 2004 5:14 pm

Another quesion that comes to mind is if he does go somewhere will he go as a closer or a starter? he was an allstar closer 2 years ago and has been a below average starter. As a starter he may find many teams, but as a closer there are only so many that need bullpen help. Mets have seen Looper prove he can do it so they do not need to upgrade on the closer role.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Curro » Wed May 19, 2004 5:28 pm

I'm from Boston, and there's a rumor going around that the Sox will trade B.Y. Kim and Johnny Damon to Seattle for Freddy Garcia, then turn around and trade Garcia for Carlos Beltran. Seems like a long shot, but who knows?

The Sox want to get rid of BY, and Oakland and Seattle could both use another pitcher. But his velocity's been way down this year and his control's been awful. I'm not expecting much from him, wherever he goes.
Curro
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Zito is God » Wed May 19, 2004 5:34 pm

Curro wrote:I'm from Boston, and there's a rumor going around that the Sox will trade B.Y. Kim and Johnny Damon to Seattle for Freddy Garcia, then turn around and trade Garcia for Carlos Beltran. Seems like a long shot, but who knows?

The Sox want to get rid of BY, and Oakland and Seattle could both use another pitcher. But his velocity's been way down this year and his control's been awful. I'm not expecting much from him, wherever he goes.

That rumor has been discussed on this boiard at least 10 times. Its very possible.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ccodyman » Wed May 19, 2004 8:41 pm

Think this guy will land a closer spot anywhere or what do you think will become of him
Cincinnati Reds will work thier magic. Just you wait, just you wait......
Ccodyman
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers