Pedro martinez? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pedro martinez?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pedro martinez?

Postby Yeaok » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:38 pm

Whats up with this guy. On baseball tonight last night they said he turns it on when he needs to get a guy out. Why dont he do that all the damn time. Anyways heres the trade he offered, Pedro Martinez CC sabathia(sucks this whole year), and Rafel Furcal for A rod, Ramon Ortiz, and Roberto Alomar or Luis Castillo, he said i could choose which one i want. Should i accept and which one should i choose
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:26 am

First off, I think Pedro will be fine. I'm not sure whether he actually does crank it up a notch - that sounds more like a commentator cliché to me. If you look at his splits for the season so far, he's allowing a significantly higher average with runners on base or in scoring position (both .244) than he is with none on (.205), so I'd discount this.

The trade offer is interesting. Depending on your scoring, it's probably close enough in value that it depends on your needs. If you can afford to lose Pedro, A-Rod would look awfully good in anybody's lineup; if you need to concentrate on pitching, stay put.

Castillo versus Alomar is interesting - I'd take Castillo right now, actually, unless sb's don't count for much in your league.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timkell » Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:47 pm

Looks like a good deal to me, but you are losing a lot of pitching. Ramon Ortiz has looked good lately. If you have a staff ace other than Pedro, like Unit or Schilling, then I would pull the trigger immediately. If not, I may hesitate, but we're talking A-Rod here! Unless you're completely decimating your pitching, I think I would do this.

I think I'd take Castillo because he's got more trade value than Alomar. I'm confident Alomar will rebound, but Castillo is so hot, you may be able to trade him again for someone like Kent and some needed help elsewhere! Or you can keep him and enjoy his stats.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers