Schmidt's arm. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Schmidt's arm.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Jester » Wed May 19, 2004 2:12 pm

I would have to agree with most of those guys being of equal value...here is one for ya...what about Beltran in a 12 team Roto league...in my opinion there is no better hitter for Roto purposes then good ol' Carlos...just a thought due to his recent success I might get lucky.
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed May 19, 2004 4:32 pm

warrick95 wrote:
Jester wrote:If you could get Halladay, Martinez or Johnson you don't think that would be good enough? I guess the problem lies in getting someone to do those trade, more than finding equal value.

It depends on how educated the other owners are. I'd rather have over ten SPs than Schmidt at this point and would avoid him at all costs. Maybe others won't. I have those three listed light years above Schmidt. I'd rather have any of these guys (of course, due to current stats, you may be able to deal Schmidt for one of them, since other than injury risk, his value is pretty high):

P. Martinez
R. Johnson
Prior
Schilling
Oswalt
Halladay
Hudson
Wood
Beckett
Vazquez
Mulder
Zito

That's twelve...in rough order...I have Prior a few slots too high...but he's coming back soon so it may not be that inaccurate.

This is coming from somebody who lost out on Burnett last year.

No way would I take Zito,Beckett, Vazquez or maybe even Mulder over Schmidt.

Zito- One pitch. If he cant make that pitch work.. hello loss. His whip is terrible this year and his ERA is awful to. Only thing going for Zito is that his K's are up, something that has been in decline the past few years. Wouldnt touch him for Schmidt.
Beckett-He had an outstanding postseason in 03. Thats it. Never has he put up a full seasons worth of Top 10 fantasy pitcher stuff. Wouldnt even consider him straight up for Schmidt.
Vazquez- Montreal to NYY. Means you have to produce now. No IF's,And's or But's for Vazquez now. He has to prove that he can handle this pressure. So far he's just been ok. Nothing special. Last night he did good. Wouldnt take him over Schmidt.
Mulder-Arguement could be made he's the better of the Oak 3. I took Hudson over him though. Mulder isnt any less of an injury risk than Schmidt. And he throws his fair share of pitches per start as well. But I like NL pitchers better anyway so I would go with Schmidt over Mulder seeing to me that both are equal injury risks.

Everyone else I agree is of equal or better value than Schmidt when healthy.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers