Interesting trade talk during Brewers game.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interesting trade talk during Brewers game....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thehat » Wed May 19, 2004 2:18 am

I suppose stranger things have happened, but I can't see why the Halos would part with anyone other than Ramon Ortiz for Ginter or Holmes. Ginter is a .250 type with okay power, no speed, and he's not in the running for any Gold Gloves. Same can be said for Helms. Since Ortiz is clearly out of favor with Scioscia, he's the most likely guy to be moved.

Personally, I think the Angels make do with what they have or call up Alex Pelaez from Salt Lake or bigtime prospect Dallas McPherson from Arkansas.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rolenfan » Wed May 19, 2004 8:38 am

I don't see where Ginter is an improvement over Kennedy. If the Angels are serious about this, where would that put Kennedy? Trade him too?
"You can observe a lot by watching" Yogi
rolenfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bukoski77 » Wed May 19, 2004 8:51 am

bleach168 wrote:Sele has a fat contract. I think the Angels would love to move him but do the Brewers really want him?

Good point, but the Angel's are leaving him in the rotation and he has responded well. There are lots of variables that can be worked into the equation of which team absorbs contracts during trades. If he keeps it up a few more starts and the Angel's get a batter offered up that can plug in at 3rd base or be yet another (Where do they come from in that Angels system?) somehow clutch astounding part time utility performer, than Sele will be gone as he is no part of their long term plans.

Not to hijack a thread, but a few questions for you Brewers and Angels fans on this thread.

Brewers - How serious is Tony Gwynn JR as a fantasy force when he hits his MLB prime? Assuming he makes it to the bigs of course.

Angels - Does Ervin Santana project as a potential 1st-2n in the rotation ace or a 3rd-5th innings eater when he is fully developed?
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rolenfan » Wed May 19, 2004 8:57 am

Bukoski77 wrote:Not to hijack a thread, but a few questions for you Brewers fans on this thread.

Me too - any word on Mauer? It's been quiet for a long time.
"You can observe a lot by watching" Yogi
rolenfan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 19, 2004 11:03 am

rolenfan wrote:
Bukoski77 wrote:Not to hijack a thread, but a few questions for you Brewers fans on this thread.

Me too - any word on Mauer? It's been quiet for a long time.

RotoTimes:
May 18 Joe Mauer (C) Min went 2-for-4 with a home run at extended spring training Tuesday, according to the AP. Mauer will be the DH on Wednesday and catch five innings Thursday, if everything goes well. Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said the team won't activate Mauer until he's played at least five or six rehab games.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed May 19, 2004 11:09 am

rolenfan wrote:I don't see where Ginter is an improvement over Kennedy. If the Angels are serious about this, where would that put Kennedy? Trade him too?
Ginter would be playing OF not 2nd. But fantasy-wise he is 2B eligible.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 453)

Postby bell » Wed May 19, 2004 12:30 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
rolenfan wrote:I don't see where Ginter is an improvement over Kennedy. If the Angels are serious about this, where would that put Kennedy? Trade him too?
Ginter would be playing OF not 2nd. But fantasy-wise he is 2B eligible.

Why would Ginter play OF over Figgins when Ginter has played 12 games this season at third?
bell
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby with_pleasure » Wed May 19, 2004 4:29 pm

Ginter would play 3B. I like having Figgins' eligibility over there (8 more games) but he's not the handiest defensively, and Shane Halter's not much better with a far worse bat. I think Scoscia would definitely put Figgins in center if they get Ginter.

I agree they could do a lot better than Eckstein or Kennedy, but it's probably not Ginter. Maybe Figgins could play 2B, Ginter 3B and DaVanon in center.
with_pleasure
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers