Liberals Love/Hate relationship with Americans - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Liberals Love/Hate relationship with Americans

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thetongueofire » Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:41 pm

wkelly91 wrote:There are many Liberals who are great Americans and love their country and would die for it. I have many friends who are Liberals.

This poem as you call it, is more for the far left. I feel the beliefs of many of these Liberals could ultimately destroy the country if acted on.

most of this can be said for conservatives and the far right no matter what your political affiliation and views are :-?
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:13 pm

[quote="thetongueofire"][/quote]
most of this can be said for conservatives and the far right no matter what your political affiliation and views are :-?

Very true ;-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:05 pm

I'm comfortably liberal...I like doing things and not feeling bad about them because they aren't part of the Neo-Catholic agenda.

That little poem you wrote was possibly the dumbest thing ever and actually made you look less intelligent then you actually are.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby wkelly91 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:17 pm

acsguitar wrote:That little poem you wrote was possibly the dumbest thing ever and actually made you look less intelligent then you actually are.

Sometimes you point out absurdity by being absurd this is called parody. Ever watched SNL? Or listened to Rush Limbaugh?

This "poem" as you call it was not meant to encompass every liberal in the world. As I stated once before it was meant more for extreme liberals.

I won't get into a lowbrow name calling match or insinuate, like you have, that you arn't intellegent. I do however point out ridiculous statements, which you seem to make quite often. :-[
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:44 pm

wkelly91 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:That little poem you wrote was possibly the dumbest thing ever and actually made you look less intelligent then you actually are.

Sometimes you point out absurdity by being absurd this is called parody. Ever watched SNL? Or listened to Rush Limbaugh?

This "poem" as you call it was not meant to encompass every liberal in the world. As I stated once before it was meant more for extreme liberals.

I won't get into a lowbrow name calling match or insinuate, like you have, that you arn't intellegent. I do however point out ridiculous statements, which you seem to make quite often. :-[

Fair enough. By the way - Bush is Hitler and anyone who follows him is an idiot or a fascist.

Do you see how that could be taken the wrong way?

By the way - give my best to Rush with the break-up of his third marriage. I just hope that this, his troubles with the law, and his addiction troubles will not prevent Rush continuing his daily three-hour lectures on personal responsibility, morality, and why his problems are all Bill Clinton's fault.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:50 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:By the way - give my best to Rush with the break-up of his third marriage. I just hope that this, his troubles with the law, and his addiction troubles will not prevent Rush continuing his daily three-hour lectures on personal responsibility, morality, and why his problems are all Bill Clinton's fault.

Or Bill Bennett. People in glass houses... :-b
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby wkelly91 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:33 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Fair enough. By the way - Bush is Hitler and anyone who follows him is an idiot or a fascist.

I have never called names out as you Liberals continue to do. I called out Liberal ideas. If you want to make points about conservative ideology you would better serve yourselves than name calling the President.

Do you see how that could be taken the wrong way?

By the way - give my best to Rush with the break-up of his third marriage. I just hope that this, his troubles with the law, and his addiction troubles will not prevent Rush continuing his daily three-hour lectures on personal responsibility, morality, and why his problems are all Bill Clinton's fault.

If you think that little attact bothers me it doesn't. Rush isn't my mentor, god, or anything approaching that. He is an interesting commontater on politics and contemporary America.

Try posting something substantive that we can debate rather than just attacking people. ;-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk