INJURY of the SEASON - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

INJURY of the SEASON

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Kingsac » Thu May 20, 2004 1:20 pm

What about good old Jose Canseco and his "relief pitcher debut" ends up throwing out his arm and misses the rest of the season.
A's all wAyS
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

INJURY of the season

Postby rockpilefan » Thu May 20, 2004 2:58 pm

Sneezing??? Absolutely!!! I personally know someone who ended up with 2 herniated discs.
rockpilefan Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby G-Man » Thu May 20, 2004 3:24 pm

ReverseTheCurse wrote:I can't remember who it was but didn't a baseball or basketball player break his hand answering the phone, I believe he missed a good amount of time too.

i think you are talking about Thomas Jones, tailback for the cards at the time i believe
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Thu May 20, 2004 6:09 pm

worst injuries: Napolean(something i want to say kauffman but i KNOW that isnt right) a running back with the Raiders,,,,watching his knee bend totally backwards.....INFINITELY worse than the theisman thing to me.

BOsox Pitcher(damn i suck with names) a couple of years ago taking a liner right off his nose.........

Devil rays pitcher(no improvement in that name thing in the last 10 seconds) throwing a pitch and his arm literally snapped in the middle. Watching him jump around with it flopping in the breeze was blechhhhhhhgghhhh......

Reds pitcher(was it tom browning???) several years ago doing the same thing.

best comic relief injuries: Jaguar Kicker chopping his leg with the axe(even if i AM embarrased by it lol) He missed the rest of the season btw, and may be done for his career.

Jaguar Kicker(s),,,,,, yes that IS plural suffering serious burns the year before while cooking FONDU! one of their wives was hurt quite bad in the incident as well(not funny)

Canseco: ball bouncing off his head vs. Pitching and missing the rest of the season, not sure which is funnier.

Grammatica: priceless

just a few off the top of my head

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Thu May 20, 2004 7:06 pm

How about Malarchuk's injury? :-o

Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby G-Man » Thu May 20, 2004 10:13 pm

dear god, there goes any chance of dinner/falling asleep tonight
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu May 20, 2004 10:17 pm

G-Man wrote:dear god, there goes any chance of dinner/falling asleep tonight

:-D

but ur right.

nothing to do with injury but does anybody remember when wade boggs came in to pitch for the yankees during a double-header and actually struck someone out. wow....how embarassing.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Longhorns76 » Thu May 20, 2004 11:03 pm

Madison wrote:
LBJackal wrote:- Psycho Sid (if you consider wrestling a sport) jumping off the top rope and breaking his lower leg :-o I can barely watch that video. I can almost feel the pain.

Since we had different takes on it, I pulled the tape and watched it again just now. Sid Vicious in the WCW (he was Psycho Sid in the WWE when it was the WWF, but at the time of the break he was with WCW, hence Sid Vicious at the time of the break), he jumped off the middle (not the top ;-) ) turnbuckle and sustained a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula. He was wrestling Scott Steiner at the time (who is now currently with the WWE). Really weird to just see his lower leg just hanging there at such an odd angle.

Scroll up and you will see that I already mentioned it. :-D Big wrestling fan here. B-)

Didn't mention Owen Hart due to it being his death instead of an injury :,-( . For those who don't know, Owen Hart was using a gimmick called "The Blue Meanie" and was going to be lowered into the ring from the ceiling for his match at a pay-per-view. Unfortunately, either he was not strapped in properly, or the harness broke (it was kept fairly quiet) and he fell to the ring hitting his head on the turnbuckle and breaking his neck. :,-(

Even bigger wrestling geek but to correct you, Owen died during his Blue BLAZER gimmick. I'm sure it was just an oversight. I'm a huge Bret and Owen Hart fan.

Currently my favorite wrestlers are Kurt Angle (its true its true), who is now basically retired due to a neck injury. And I am a huge Eddie Guerrero fan who is from El Paso (just down the road from me).

Oh that hockey injury has to take the cake for either the scariest or most gruesome injury as you can see him literally dieing in front of your eyes...but thankfully he didn't.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Strasil42 » Thu May 20, 2004 11:25 pm

willis mcgahee's injury when he was with miami in the national championship was nasty. I thought his career was over right there.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Fri May 21, 2004 2:40 am

Longhorns76 wrote:
Madison wrote:
LBJackal wrote:- Psycho Sid (if you consider wrestling a sport) jumping off the top rope and breaking his lower leg :-o I can barely watch that video. I can almost feel the pain.

Since we had different takes on it, I pulled the tape and watched it again just now. Sid Vicious in the WCW (he was Psycho Sid in the WWE when it was the WWF, but at the time of the break he was with WCW, hence Sid Vicious at the time of the break), he jumped off the middle (not the top ;-) ) turnbuckle and sustained a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula. He was wrestling Scott Steiner at the time (who is now currently with the WWE). Really weird to just see his lower leg just hanging there at such an odd angle.

Scroll up and you will see that I already mentioned it. :-D Big wrestling fan here. B-)

Didn't mention Owen Hart due to it being his death instead of an injury :,-( . For those who don't know, Owen Hart was using a gimmick called "The Blue Meanie" and was going to be lowered into the ring from the ceiling for his match at a pay-per-view. Unfortunately, either he was not strapped in properly, or the harness broke (it was kept fairly quiet) and he fell to the ring hitting his head on the turnbuckle and breaking his neck. :,-(

Even bigger wrestling geek but to correct you, Owen died during his Blue BLAZER gimmick. I'm sure it was just an oversight. I'm a huge Bret and Owen Hart fan.

Currently my favorite wrestlers are Kurt Angle (its true its true), who is now basically retired due to a neck injury. And I am a huge Eddie Guerrero fan who is from El Paso (just down the road from me).

Yes, you are correct. It was the Blue Blazer ;-D . Blue Meanie sounded wrong when I wrote it, but I somehow convinced myself it was right. You are correct and thanks for pointing it out. ;-D

Favorite wrestlers for me are The Undertaker and Bill Goldberg. This new guy that just started "Mordecai" has my attention right now too. I haven't seen Thursday's show (I tape it), but I'm interested in seeing the gimmick. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers