Being Nomar--a feature on the (departing?) Boston star - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Being Nomar--a feature on the (departing?) Boston star

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 18, 2004 3:03 pm

My personal thought is that Nomar would look great in an Angels uniform. Eckstein is wearing out his welcome by his poor offensive play over the past couple years.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue May 18, 2004 3:06 pm

I can also say that most Red Sox fans did not want Arod. The piece of the trade I loved the most was Mags coming over, but I also didn't want to give up Nomar for him.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KULCAT » Tue May 18, 2004 3:12 pm

Dr.DooM wrote:I read that article and it implied that Nomar should swallow his pride for the sake of his fans. What utter bull. The fans are equally guilty in jilting Nomar and using him like a doormat. When it looked as if the Arod deal was close, fans were esctatic and didn't mind shipping Nomar out. He gave his blood and sweat for this team and the fans and this is the thanks he gets?

That sums it all up. Thats why i dont get when people get upset when a player jumps for a better offer. Its bussiness man, I love nomar, i really like the way he plays. Id love to have him in a Braves uniform :-D . But Alex Rodriguez while being an ass for lobbying for a fellow player´s job, is a better player and it wouldve been great bussiness for the Red Sox to land him. Its cruel to Nomar but im pretty sure that after the season is over he will take care of himself first as he should
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nomar4prez » Tue May 18, 2004 3:26 pm

KULCAT wrote:
Dr.DooM wrote:I read that article and it implied that Nomar should swallow his pride for the sake of his fans. What utter bull. The fans are equally guilty in jilting Nomar and using him like a doormat. When it looked as if the Arod deal was close, fans were esctatic and didn't mind shipping Nomar out. He gave his blood and sweat for this team and the fans and this is the thanks he gets?

That sums it all up. Thats why i dont get when people get upset when a player jumps for a better offer. Its bussiness man, I love nomar, i really like the way he plays. Id love to have him in a Braves uniform :-D . But Alex Rodriguez while being an ass for lobbying for a fellow player´s job, is a better player and it wouldve been great bussiness for the Red Sox to land him. Its cruel to Nomar but im pretty sure that after the season is over he will take care of himself first as he should

I think people get upset when players jump for a better offer b/c it shouldn't be JUST about the money. It shouldn't be "just business." It should be about the team, and the city, and the fans. Baseball shouldn't just be a way to get rich. The players should play the game because they love it, and want to win, not to get a check at the end of the day.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 18, 2004 4:20 pm

I think next year the Wanks will have Jeter at 2B, Arod at SS and Nomar at 3B. 8-o I'm just joking but I think I'll vomit if that happens.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 18, 2004 4:30 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think I'll vomit if that happens.

Get the barf bag ready. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 18, 2004 4:32 pm

I don't like to jump to conclusions...but can you imagine if the Yankees get Nomar and Beltran?

C Posada
1B Giambi
2B Jeter
SS Arod
3B Nomar
LF Matsui
CF Beltran
RF Sheffield

Are you kidding me? There isn't a single easy out in that lineup...Matsui or Jeter would probably be considered the worst, but I mean, c'mon they are still potential all-stars.

I agree with the previous post about puking.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby ajgnydc722 » Tue May 18, 2004 4:51 pm

I know plenty of Red Sox fans who were estatic through the whole A-Rod ordeal. They couldn't wait. I felt bad for Nomar all along. I couldn't believe the Red Sox treated him like that. I could never see the Yankees doing that to Jeter and if they did, I'd seriously be extremely mad. The first though that crossed my mind when I realized Nomar would be a free agent after this season was that he'd come to New York and play second base.

I still hope he does. Not only to screw with the Red Sox, but he has consistently been one of my favorite players, even though I bleed pinstripe blue. Personally I think he'll end up with the Dodgers, though.

First, I thought if the Yankees got A-Rod and screwed the Sox then Boston would go insane. However, if Nomar came to town then I think Boston would just collapse. And I love it. :-D

BTW, great read Trans. ;-D
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Tue May 18, 2004 5:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:I think next year the Wanks will have Jeter at 2B, Arod at SS and Nomar at 3B. 8-o I'm just joking but I think I'll vomit if that happens.

LOL. or the Mutts might add him to the ever-growing collection of underperforming, oft-injured middle-infielders...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Tue May 18, 2004 5:58 pm

That is a really long article. 8-o

I saved it and will read it tonight though. :-) Thanks! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers