tell me about morgan ensburg... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

tell me about morgan ensburg...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

tell me about morgan ensburg...

Postby Silver Slugger » Tue May 18, 2004 2:11 am

i had him last year, off the ww. was he a fluke? i am thinking about going after him. do you think he'll turn it around? what do you think his stats will be at the end of the season? is he a good starting fantasy 3B?
Silver Slugger
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 18, 2004 2:41 am

I was big on him before the season started. If Jimy will ever just let him play every day, I think that he'll be fine. That's a big if, though. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue May 18, 2004 3:09 am

Was he a fluke...No.. :-) ..Turn it around...not as long as J williams is his manager.. :-/ ....stats at the end of the season... :-? ...depends again on Jimy... :-o ...Is he a good option for a full time 3B...NO... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby reenum » Tue May 18, 2004 11:17 am

I had Ensberg, and he and Jimy combined to destroy my 3B stats. Stay away from as long as Crazy Jimy is the Astros' manager. I mean really, who the hell would start MIKE LAMB over Ensberg??

Sorry, I'm done venting.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Baseballer02 » Tue May 18, 2004 11:19 am

reenum wrote:I had Ensberg, and he and Jimy combined to destroy my 3B stats. Stay away from as long as Crazy Jimy is the Astros' manager. I mean really, who the hell would start MIKE LAMB over Ensberg??

Sorry, I'm done venting.

Mike Lamb has actually done damn good whenever I've looked at the box score from games he played in.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pete O » Tue May 18, 2004 11:22 am

Ensberg has actually begun to play more, even against right handed pitchers and it seems he is once again the everyday 3B. He will still get more days off than most other "everyday" players, but he is hitting well lately and should post decent stats for remainder of year.
Pete O
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Tue May 18, 2004 11:39 am

Not "breaking out" until the age of 28 is the first concern with him.

Jimy Williams "protecting" him so much last year is/was a concern as well. By protecting, I mean keeping him out of games against certain pitchers, plenty of days off, etc.

Just having Williams as his manager is a concern. :-D

Signing Mike Lamb (and Lamb playing well) certainly didn't help Ensberg's situation.

3B is/was ridiculously deep going into the year so Ensberg's value wasn't as high as in previous years where 3B was a fairly shallow position.

Personally, I avoided him this year and I'm not too sure about his future. The big thing is he will get too many days off due to Williams and Lamb, so I wouldn't want to bank on him.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby KULCAT » Tue May 18, 2004 3:27 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
reenum wrote:I had Ensberg, and he and Jimy combined to destroy my 3B stats. Stay away from as long as Crazy Jimy is the Astros' manager. I mean really, who the hell would start MIKE LAMB over Ensberg??

Sorry, I'm done venting.

Mike Lamb has actually done damn good whenever I've looked at the box score from games he played in.

Look at them lately, he´s in major slump typical of a bench player like Lamb. Ensberg is playing and hitting over .350 in May. The homers will come as long as he´s not injured
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers