Met-rx? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Met-rx?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Sun May 23, 2004 9:52 pm

Lol, sorry about that post I wasn't paying attention to what I was typing. I mean would running 3 miles on the track everyday help build muscle in your legs to?
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Sun May 23, 2004 10:06 pm

Do any of yall know of any good bodybuilding type forums?
shortround_phat2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby matmat » Sun May 23, 2004 10:16 pm

shortround_phat2008 wrote:I'm 14.

hey. I don't know much about bodybuilding and such, buit when your body is still growing, especially bone structure, it is often not the best idea to lift lots of weights and such. You probably should talk to a physical trainer somewhere, maybe your gym teacher and possibly even your doctor before you start any type of hardcore regimen.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Mon May 24, 2004 2:01 am

shortround_phat2008 wrote:Yeah I think i'l pass, is there any other good protein drink or vitamins that will help build muscle like at wall-mart, or a vitamin store that has met-rx etc?

You have posted threads similar to this in regards to building muscle before if I remember correctly shortround-phat2008.

Met-RX is just a protein shake. I believe it is derived from whey protein. Whey is one of the better sources but you need nutrients from all sources. All sources includeing a proper amount ot carbs/fat(believe it or not accept for saturated-fat, its really good for you)/ and protein.

No matter what you need a certain amount of calories in your day to day or weekly diet. Depending on your goals and body building desires, the ratios change slightly between the percentages of the basic macronutrients of Fat/Carbs/Protein.

Met-RX is just one of many sources or protein. As a general blanket statement, body builders drink protein shakes because they dont feel like eating 8 servings of chicken a day.

If you want to get serious about what your body nutrient needs are, I would suggest checking out the menshealth.com fitness forums. If you dont want to use mensheath then there are tons of fitness related websites out there that will provide you tons of information.

Oh yeah, 2 years old....smells funny and taste funny :-° :-° :-° ? Common sense says throw it away. Find out how much protein you need a day and then if you need more and find protein shakes palatable, buy some fresh ones. If not just eat more.

Finally, without an excercise program, excess calories just turn into fat.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gateman4 » Mon May 24, 2004 8:59 pm

On the topic of running; I have just recently graduated high school and was an competetive cross country runner and indoor track runner as well as a baseball player and all that running defiantly kept my legs in shape, especially with my high leg kick.

I also run and work out all summer to stay in shape for athletics, but mainly for the Naval Officer career I am about to embark on. For a no-nonsense, minimal weight workout, try the Navy SEAL workout books. There are several of them and they are easy to find on the internet, but you better be in shape before you begin. :-D
You owe it to yourself to be the best you can possible be - in baseball and in life.
--Pete Rose

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.
--Humphrey Bogart
gateman4
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to General Talk