The Censorship Project - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Censorship Project

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Rkiivs » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:45 pm

I'm pretty happy to be a part of this because the community, for the most part, does a good job of censoring itself (plus, I think the venting threads really help). For me, I say let it lie as it's not warranted and really only increases the cuteness factor here.

C'mon we're men! Not duckies and bunnies.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:07 pm

hey whatever you guys can do to prevent me from getting warnings i give two big ;-D ;-D . im all good here in the baseball side, but im hanging by a prayer at the football side. gotta love liqour. v :-t
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:47 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:hey whatever you guys can do to prevent me from getting warnings i give two big ;-D ;-D . im all good here in the baseball side, but im hanging by a prayer at the football side. gotta love liqour. v :-t

Didn't you get banned for flaming, of all things, the "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" thread?

I don't think that it was a question of language as much as generally being offensive.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:20 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:hey whatever you guys can do to prevent me from getting warnings i give two big ;-D ;-D . im all good here in the baseball side, but im hanging by a prayer at the football side. gotta love liqour. v :-t

Didn't you get banned for flaming, of all things, the "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" thread?

I don't think that it was a question of language as much as generally being offensive.

yeah, I remember that!! you said that we were or something because we were wishing each other a merry christmas

:-t :-t :-t to you
mtryanks12
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:35 pm

Rkiivs wrote:I'm pretty happy to be a part of this because the community, for the most part, does a good job of censoring itself (plus, I think the venting threads really help). For me, I say let it lie as it's not warranted and really only increases the cuteness factor here.

And from past experiences I will guarentee you that censorship like the word replacement method is simply a waste of time and effort (in this case it is Menyak's) on public forums. Community peer pressure and an occasional dose of moderation is really the best defense.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:46 pm

Tavish wrote:
Rkiivs wrote:I'm pretty happy to be a part of this because the community, for the most part, does a good job of censoring itself (plus, I think the venting threads really help). For me, I say let it lie as it's not warranted and really only increases the cuteness factor here.

And from past experiences I will guarentee you that censorship like the word replacement method is simply a waste of time and effort (in this case it is Menyak's) on public forums. Community peer pressure and an occasional dose of moderation is really the best defense.

But we can do that, too. :-? I see what you're saying but I also like it when someone will spew curses all over the board and they get replaced with other things. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:50 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Tavish wrote:

But we can do that, too. :-? I see what you're saying but I also like it when someone will spew curses all over the board and they get replaced with other things. :-)
:-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pomplona's finest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

yeah, I remember that!! you said that we were or something because we were wishing each other a merry christmas

If anyone can tell you about censorship its mtryanks right here. His parents installed a filter into his computer that omits words like "hate", "crack", "adult", and "girl". :-D
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:01 pm

pomplona's finest wrote:
mtryanks12 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

If anyone can tell you about censorship its mtryanks right here. His parents installed a filter into his computer that omits words like "hate", "crack", "adult", and "girl". :-D

I was just about to mention this :-b
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:00 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

haha, i forgot about that...still is funny.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk