Vernon Wells - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vernon Wells

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vernon Wells

Postby BigMusky » Mon May 17, 2004 10:20 am

what is with this guy? I really need him to start hitting better, I do not have much of a power outfield as it is. Any one else getting the itchy trigger finger and looking to trade him?
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:09 am

He's been kicking it up a notch with his hitting, just waiting for some power to come. It'd be senseless to trade him, you wouldn't get any player of value for him right now. I did greatly enjoy picking him up off waivers a couple weeks ago, along with Frank Thomas in another league and Woody Williams in yet another.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Rkiivs » Mon May 17, 2004 3:58 pm

Good lord, BB02, I want to play in your league! Even I'm more patient than those knuckleheads that dropped that caliber of players.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby bsdo4ever » Mon May 17, 2004 4:04 pm

No kidding. You must be playing with some bonified idiots.
bsdo4ever
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Silver Slugger » Mon May 17, 2004 6:43 pm

wow. i wish i could pull wells off the waiver wire. of course, someone in my league just dropped marcus giles, so perhaps i shouldn't complain...
Silver Slugger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Twinskies » Mon May 17, 2004 8:55 pm

I know he'll pick it up eventually, but i'm honestly getting worried about this year being a bust....after nearly 160 at bats he has only 3 hr and 15 rbi, how many fantasy teams has he killed so far?
This field, this game, it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh people will come Ray, people will most definitely come.
Twinskies
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon May 17, 2004 8:59 pm

He's been doing ok lately. Like the past 7,8 games he's hitting alot better. In an interview with him earlier in the month he said the reason he's off to a slow start is because he's been swinging at pitches outta his zone trying to make things happen because of the funk the Jays are in. He stated that he's concentrating more at only swinging at his pitches in his zone which has contributed to his recent little turnaround. I'd say give him more time. I am. I've had numerous offers for him. All low-ball offers because of the numbers so far.. but everyone knows what he's capable of now. No way you should unload him right now. Value is to low.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DieHardCubbie » Mon May 17, 2004 10:10 pm

I agree with Jack....gotta hang on to him now....any value you would get in a trade will be to low...especially since he has come on a little lately...Hang in there a couple of more weeks... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Mon May 17, 2004 11:25 pm

hmm that poses an interesting question: Would you all trade Thome and Reggie Sanders for Vernon Wells and Prior. That is what I am thinking about doing since my power numbers are a wrap on the league anyway and I'd be buying both Wells and Prior quite low. Any thoughts?
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jpbusta » Mon May 17, 2004 11:41 pm

perlick29 wrote:hmm that poses an interesting question: Would you all trade Thome and Reggie Sanders for Vernon Wells and Prior. That is what I am thinking about doing since my power numbers are a wrap on the league anyway and I'd be buying both Wells and Prior quite low. Any thoughts?

I like wells and Prior's side a lot.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers