Kevin Youkilis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kevin Youkilis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kevin Youkilis

Postby frog99 » Mon May 17, 2004 12:08 am

2 for 4 again today. Move over Mueller The Greek God of Walks is here ot stay (though he hasn't walked yet...)
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kevin Youkilis

Postby matmat » Mon May 17, 2004 12:18 am

frog99 wrote:2 for 4 again today. Move over Mueller The Greek God of Walks is here ot stay (though he hasn't walked yet...)

why is he a god of walks? what's his OBP like in the minors?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby frog99 » Mon May 17, 2004 12:21 am

matmat wrote:
frog99 wrote:2 for 4 again today. Move over Mueller The Greek God of Walks is here ot stay (though he hasn't walked yet...)

he reached base in 80 straight games between double AA and AAA. He got that nickname in the book Moneyball.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Melo255 » Mon May 17, 2004 12:28 am

matmat wrote:

matmat you never heard of him? After having like 5 pages devoted to him in Moneyball he has been practically a house hold name. I think he reached base in something like 91 straight games tying Kevin Millars previous record. Oakland tried to get him a hundred times before Boston realized just what they had. An absolute on base machine with a decent amount of pop.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby matmat » Mon May 17, 2004 12:33 am

Melo255 wrote:matmat you never heard of him? After having like 5 pages devoted to him in Moneyball he has been practically a house hold name. I think he reached base in something like 91 straight games tying Kevin Millars previous record. Oakland tried to get him a hundred times before Boston realized just what they had. An absolute on base machine with a decent amount of pop.

only heard of him as a v. good prospect with the RSox. I havn't read moneyball.

I just looked at his stats. . . seems he has a .460ish obp in the minors and almost as many walks as hits. . . doesn't strike me as someone that would be too good in standard 5x5 fantasy, but if OBP is a category. . . . wow.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon May 17, 2004 1:06 am

My league counts OBP! Will he play everyday for a while? Or only until Nomar gets back?
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Melo255 » Mon May 17, 2004 1:10 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:My league counts OBP! Will he play everyday for a while? Or only until Nomar gets back?

Unfortunately neither. He is only in because Bill Mueller is nursing some pain. And some people, myself included, suspect he is also playing right now to show off his skills for a future trade. In a keeper league I might grab him but for a one year league he is useless.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thetongueofire » Mon May 17, 2004 1:11 am

most prolly he wont have ANY kind of fantasy impact this year... hes supposed to go back to the minors in the next couple of weeks i think... or maybe even in a week.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Longhorns76 » Mon May 17, 2004 1:25 am

Read Moneyball and learn about the legend of Jeremy Brown.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon May 17, 2004 1:26 am

thetongueofire wrote:most prolly he wont have ANY kind of fantasy impact this year... hes supposed to go back to the minors in the next couple of weeks i think... or maybe even in a week.

pooie. That could have been a brilliant pickup in my league. we have sort of a competition for who makes the best pickups. here are my good ones so far, along with another team's

My pickups:
before the season: Dye, Konerko (dropped 2 weeks ago)
during the season: Figgins, Overbay, Martinez, Moyer ( :-? ), Washburn, F Cordero

the other guy's pickups:
Ford, Mackowiak (picked him up yesterday to replace Giles, and he hits 2 HR today, while matched up against me :-t ), Bay, Leiber, Gerut, Valverde

who is winning the competition?
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers