Burnitz due some love - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burnitz due some love

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Leiter Fan » Wed May 19, 2004 3:16 pm

Unless your league penalizes you for strikeouts, you'd be crazy to bench Burnitz at any park that isn't clearly a pitchers park (e.g., benching him at Shea this coming weekend might be a good idea, but you'd be retarded to bench him at Great American, Miller Park, Minute Maid Park, The BOB, etc.).

Home vs. road stats this early in the season are absolutely useless unless you look where those road starts were. Burnitz did great at Great American last year, and continued that last night - so anyone who benched him should be cursing themselves for being monumentally stupid. Don't curse Burnitz. It was not luck that got Burnitz two homers there - it was skill.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Wed May 19, 2004 11:53 pm

Jack-In-A-Box wrote:
bleach168 wrote:Yup, I missed out on him tonight. I'll start him tomorrow though. Get ready for the 0-for-5 guys! :-b

If he does I'll be requesting that you drop any current players that you have that are also on my team. Starting with Burnitz. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter. :-D

Ah, see? You guys should buy me a beer. Burnitz hit a homer off my Danny Graves. I lose, but everyone here wins. Love how that works out. :~(

I'm starting both Burnitz and Graves again tomorrow. Unless Danny comes in, expect the 0-for-4.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu May 20, 2004 12:52 am

bleach168 wrote:Ah, see? You guys should buy me a beer.

Need to see your ID first.... ;-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby playersball » Thu May 20, 2004 11:12 am

Ha ha ha. I got burnitz in round 19 this year. I look like such a genius!
Stay in your place I recommend...
Now say hello to my little friend...
playersball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Leiter Fan » Sat May 22, 2004 10:54 pm

OK, so where are all the Burnitz haters tonite???

Let's see what we have for the week so far.......
.280 BA
1.108 OPS
3 HR
7 RBI
4 runs scored

And may I add that all of these stats were accumulated AWAY from Coors!!! (including going 3-4 tonight at Shea Stadium, a pitchers park.)

So, all of us who are actually smart enough to realize how good Burnitz is are laughing our way to a win this week, while you other guys are just standing around scratching your heads.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Trazcon » Sat May 22, 2004 10:59 pm

Got ridiculed for drafting him in the 15th round. I told the others draftees that he was similar to Wilson in that he doesn't hit for avg and strikes out a lot. I don't know how anyone COULDN'T see this coming. I don't think I was any smarter than the others, I just saw the writing on the wall...
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun May 23, 2004 6:38 am

The past two weeks Burnitz has been my leading scorer on my team. It's been close between Mora and Burnitz. I picked them both up off FA 3wks ago. Some guy in our league posted a poll to every who they thought had the worst team in our league. I admit my record sucks(2-4 soon to be 3-4) and I got some votes from some but the past couple weeks since picking up Burnitz my whole team has had it going on and lead the league the past 2 weeks in scoring. 4 of my batters in my starting lineup I picked up off FA early in the year and I've been riding them since. Mora,J.Guillen,Dye,Burnitz.
All of these guys were drafted and dropped by others who got impatient and I've been enjoying their so called "trash" as they tell me. Only one of the owners has asked for them back via a trade.. Burnitz. But I kinda like beating them with their trash so I'm not trading em back. :-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby toolsmack » Tue May 25, 2004 1:47 pm

So what is Burnitz' value after his recent hot streak? Who would you trade him away for?

Would you trade him for an injured Sosa?
A retuning Kearns?
The speedy Pods
A struggling Zito
How about an injured Woods?

I've got Burnitz and can probably trade him for any of these options....I might have to chip in more for Sosa or Woods but maybe not.

Opinions?
toolsmack
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby toolsmack » Tue May 25, 2004 1:49 pm

Sorry not Tiger Woods, that would be Kerry Wood.

I'd do the Tiger deal in an instant if offered.
toolsmack
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Leiter Fan » Tue May 25, 2004 6:04 pm

toolsmack wrote:So what is Burnitz' value after his recent hot streak? Who would you trade him away for?

Would you trade him for an injured Sosa?
A retuning Kearns?
The speedy Pods
A struggling Zito
How about an injured Woods?

I've got Burnitz and can probably trade him for any of these options....I might have to chip in more for Sosa or Woods but maybe not.

Opinions?

You maybe able to trade him for Zito or Pods. I think Wood is too out of reach, and trying for another power hitter like Sosa looks too blatantly like selling high. And I'd rather keep Burnitz than acquire Kearns and his injury history.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers