Burnitz due some love - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burnitz due some love

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Mon May 17, 2004 11:32 am

Baseballer02 wrote:I've wanted to use the play Burnitz at Coors strategy too, but it's hard when Berkman, Giles, Crawford, and Beltran are your other 4 outfielders.

In a 5x5 league, I'd start Burnitz at Coors over any of those four (unless I was looking for steals) in a neutral park.

(Although I admit benching Beltran would be painful :-) ).

Nice outfield! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brdmaverick » Mon May 17, 2004 11:36 am

I'm tired of hearing about how Burnitz has little to no fantasy value just because he plays his stats are only due to the Coors factor.

Well, even if all his stats are a direct result of Coors field, does it matter? Stats are stats, no matter where they come from. When you are playing your opponent, it's not like yahoo only counts a Coors field home run as half a home run.

THe bottom line is that he is producing, and in fantasy sports, that's all that matters.
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue May 18, 2004 10:16 pm

Not even at home in Coors he pops two more HR tonight. He may not have value to most people... But considering I dropped Kearns for him over 2 weeks ago and he's been my no1 OF since.. He's got a ton of value to me.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue May 18, 2004 10:21 pm

Yeah, I think if any of you benched him tonight, as hot as he is, and at the Great America Ballpark (Coors Light), you deserve to have missed those two HRs. I thought about putting Crawford in today, but when I saw @CIN, I figured Burnitz NEEDED to stay in the lineup.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue May 18, 2004 10:23 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:Yeah, I think if any of you benched him tonight, as hot as he is, and at the Great America Ballpark (Coors Light), you deserve to have missed those two HRs. I thought about putting Crawford in today, but when I saw @CIN, I figured Burnitz NEEDED to stay in the lineup.

Haha.. I like that- Coors Light :-b
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Tue May 18, 2004 10:28 pm

Yup, I missed out on him tonight. I'll start him tomorrow though. Get ready for the 0-for-5 guys! :-b
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Arlo » Wed May 19, 2004 6:05 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:Yeah, I think if any of you benched him tonight, as hot as he is, and at the Great America Ballpark (Coors Light), you deserve to have missed those two HRs. I thought about putting Crawford in today, but when I saw @CIN, I figured Burnitz NEEDED to stay in the lineup.

I also wrestled with the decision for a bit before leaving him in the lineup. I admit to benching Charles Johnson, though. Oh well. !+)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Wed May 19, 2004 6:47 am

i think i made a mistake recently. i dropped hidalgo for burnitz. we'll see what happens... in the meanwhile I need burnitz to take some walks. :) (OBP!)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed May 19, 2004 8:06 am

bleach168 wrote:Yup, I missed out on him tonight. I'll start him tomorrow though. Get ready for the 0-for-5 guys! :-b

If he does I'll be requesting that you drop any current players that you have that are also on my team. Starting with Burnitz. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter. :-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Base Ballpickers » Wed May 19, 2004 8:40 am

I'm one of the dopes who benched him in favor of Lawton, Bautista and B. Giles. Needless to say that I'm kicking myself.
"My job as a coach is to make you do what you don't want to do so you can become the man you want to be."
Base Ballpickers
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers