Furcal -- post anything here - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Furcal -- post anything here

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jbones733 » Sun May 16, 2004 11:08 pm

When asked about Furcal , Cox said and i quote " No news, he couldt play yesterday, he cant play today"

thanx bobby for a world of information

source : yahoo
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Sun May 16, 2004 11:13 pm

he's a wimp...

serisously though... there has to be something quite bad with his hand for him to be sitting out THIS long.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby amich1 » Sun May 16, 2004 11:33 pm

from what I understand when he jammed his thumb (or whatever finger it was) what happened is that it jammed so hard that it bruised/compressed down on the very base of the finger. The pain in this "compressed" area prevents him from gripping the ball which is why he cant play in the field b/c he cant toss across w/any accuracy at this point. It was misdiagnosed or whatever as a simple jam which is why he never DL'd. No word on when he'll be back in the field but it has been @ least 2 weeks already so hopefully it wont be much longer. He is driving me crazy too, but, he'll be back soon, stealing bases, & he's not jeter :-)
J.Lo? I knew her back when they said "Hey, ho".
amich1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby federo » Sun May 16, 2004 11:59 pm

He was just dropped in one league I'm in. I feel like I almost have to use my #1 waiver priority on him now.
federo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ramble2 » Mon May 17, 2004 1:27 am

:-S

I wish they'd just put him on the DL. I have no backup SS, and he's just taking up a valuable roster spot. If he went on the DL, I could at least consider picking somebody up. It's the most frustrating part of my team so far this year.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby fantasyfiend » Mon May 17, 2004 8:06 am

Good idea making this topic, im also another disgruntled furcal owner....lets keep bumping this up top, untill we get more information and he comes back.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby fantasyfiend » Mon May 17, 2004 8:10 am

The Braves are still uncertain when Rafael Furcal will be able to play shortstop.
Furcal has been limited to pinch hitting since injuring his right hand May 1. Hitting isn't the problem, but Furcal can't grip the ball and doesn't ''know where it's going'' when he throws. Once Furcal can play, Cox will use Jesse Garcia at second base for Marcus Giles. Until then, Garcia, Wilson Betemit, and Nick Green will shuffle among the middle infield spots.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fantasyfiend » Mon May 17, 2004 11:34 am

bump
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor