Kruk is a MORON, yet again. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kruk is a MORON, yet again.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby number2pencil » Wed May 26, 2004 7:32 am

Very few guys know what they are talking about over at espn, but to me watching them be wrong is half the fun and they still are the onyl channel with good sports highlights and broadcasting 24/7. IMO the football guys make much more asses of themselves except jaws and mortenson. Out of everyone on espn I think jon calyton may be the stupidest, that guy should be doing calculus not watching football cause he has no clue what hes talking about what-so-ever.

As weird as this may sound, I wouldnt want kruk and irvin to go. They add pizzaz to the show and having charecters and dynamic is good, if i had to watch tim kurkjian for an hour talk about on base percentage I would be praying for those idiots to come back on tv. I dont need sports guys to analyze stats and baseball for me, im old enough to read and look at the numbers myself. Just give me the hgihlights, some nightly stats, entertainment and general sports news.
2004 NL Cy Young: Oliver Perez
number2pencil
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed May 26, 2004 8:14 am

HOOTIE wrote:
frog99 wrote:let's all agree to celebrate the fact John Kruk doesn't have a vote in the Cy Young award.

Sadly, there are still writers greatly influenced by wins when voting Cy. Wins in a given year can be greatly skewed by many factors. Over time, things balance out, but in one year, a 5-6 win swing can occur really by luck. SNW (Support Neutral Wins) and SNL (Support Neutral losses) have showed this.

Kruk is a country boy (WV), who spent his career drinking and being a character. ESPN wants 3 different personalities on the show. BB knowledge is a afterthought. Kruks averge guy behavior, appeals to the average fan. His statements are nuts. Tim Kurjian is the guy who knows his ****.

A Hootie sighting! Welcome back!

I'd have to agree.

And anyone else notice the seems quick to accuse? When Clemens pitched that great game last week, Kruk kept saying that he'd never seen Clemens' pitches move like that, that he was doing something knew.... insinuating that he was cheating. Now, I hate Clemens, but that's uncalled for.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby HOOTIE » Fri May 28, 2004 11:24 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:A Hootie sighting! Welcome back!

I'd have to agree.

Hey TRANS, thanks. ;-) Nice to see you.

Btw, nice job on the Alou is clutch thread.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Trazcon » Fri May 28, 2004 11:56 pm

Stephen A. Smith was sports answer to Spike Lee. Ive never seen a guy who tries so hard too look like a Mac daddy. I keep waiting for the day he´ll lose it and call a sports anchor his BITCH

How exactly does a "mac daddy" look my man? And Spike Lee?Don't know where you were going there.

I LOVE Stephen A Smith. Doesn't hold back and lets it rip. How can't you like that. A poor man's Jim Rome minus the rabid fans. He bring flair to the broadcasts and ESPN knows this thats why they snatched him up from FOX.
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers