Kruk is a MORON, yet again. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kruk is a MORON, yet again.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby josebach » Sun May 16, 2004 10:34 pm

GucciBaseballs wrote:I just like Irvin's charisma ;-D

Charisma, is that what you call it? I call it being loud-mouthed and obnoxious. I get tired of listening to him yelling and watching him grab the other hosts. Plus, I can't stand the way he always sticks up for the thugs like T.O. and Joe Horn after their stupid on field antics. I guess he's "keeping it real".

Oh, and by the way. Kruk is a moron. Did he really out perform the other candidates for the job?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jeffc_76 » Sun May 16, 2004 10:37 pm

josebach wrote:Oh, and by the way. Kruk is a moron. Did he really out perform the other canidates for the job?

That depends on if part of the interviewing process was an eating contest. :-D
jeffc_76
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby frog99 » Mon May 17, 2004 12:04 am

Kruk is a moron. He says some of the stupidest things i have ever heard a baseball jouralist say. I mean really, is it possible to have been around baseball as long as he has, and not learn something about it by accident.

On another note: The same mentality that put wieght in "pitchers wins" are the guys who brought you Batting average and RBIs, useless stats. (ok they serve some purpose, but not as much as the weight they are given).
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Mon May 17, 2004 12:09 am

Kruk just isn't very eloquent. see, what he meant to say is that he would take the best angels' pitcher (and that clearly, CLEARLY is washburn) and throw him out them in a game 7 of the WS as long as he is pitching for that angels' lineup. :/

what a dope.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby federo » Mon May 17, 2004 12:23 am

The funny thing is that I bet at least a third of the audience agreed with Kruk. People who post here tend to be diehard fans who know their stats well, but a lot of the casual fans I encounter on team message boards have the same kind of "Wins and BA rule" mentality that Kruk and Reynolds have.
federo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Madison » Mon May 17, 2004 12:45 am

Not to repeat what's already been said but:

Kruk is a moron.

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thetongueofire » Mon May 17, 2004 1:07 am

lets accept "Kruk as a moron" as a fundamental law of nature and never talk about it again ;-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Longhorns76 » Mon May 17, 2004 1:12 am

I miss Buck Schowalter...he knew it all and did his job as a journalist very well.

TV nowadays isn't about good journalism but its about entertainment. If ESPN was a sports monopoly of TV then we would see what our diehards want to see. That is simply good analysis and stats. But with Fox Sports trying to compete with ESPN, ESPN feels that they have to cater to what Fox Sports tries to do, which is a funny and entertaining TV (sometimes). Sometimes espn does it and it works (for instance when John Clayton and Sean Salsbury banter back and forth) and sometimes it doesn't (like John Kruk and Harold Reynolds). ESPN doesn't have to go after the same exact market that Fox Sports goes after. Fox Sports should try to do what ESPN had been doing for years until sports talk became sports entertainment.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby big shot » Mon May 17, 2004 2:09 am

if the season ended right now, washburn would be the cy young plain and simple. he wont be at the end of the year , but as for now. why woudnt he 7 wins is 7 wins. i can see an argument for kevin brown, but its not wrong to think washburn is deserving of cy young Its not like any other pitcher is doing anything special. runner up in the national league woudl be danny graves. im sure you all complain about that as well
big shot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby giants8307 » Mon May 17, 2004 2:30 am

jarrod washburn is destroying my ERA and whip. The ONLY reason i have him around is because he piles up wins. He's also tied with schilling for most hits given up on my team. His team "wins games for him," as ravich said.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers