Kruk is a MORON, yet again. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kruk is a MORON, yet again.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kruk is a MORON, yet again.

Postby thrash » Sun May 16, 2004 7:35 pm

He just said on baseball tonight, that right now Jarod Washburn is the AL Cy Young. The guy has a FOUR AND A HALF ERA...his reasoning behind it was the guy is 7-0. He said that Washburn was putting his team in position to win games, and thats what they've been doin. One of the other guys (I forget his name, black hair) said that the Angels were winning games for him. I agree with that...

Kruk is a retard, why does he have a job, let alone on the most presidented baseball show on the air. jeez
Last edited by thrash on Sun May 16, 2004 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bibsybob » Sun May 16, 2004 7:37 pm

i think kruk was then asked whether he would want washburn to pitch game 7 of the WS as of now and he said yes over everyone else. At least i think thats what i heard.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thrash » Sun May 16, 2004 7:42 pm

Yeah he did say that, crazy. No wonder he got his ass made fun of on the best damn sports show period. Hes fat AND stupid.
thrash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

IT IS OFFICIAL: John Kruk is a Moron

Postby G-Man » Sun May 16, 2004 7:44 pm

while there has been speculation that kruk was a complete idiot ever since he started on baseball tonight, he went out of his way to confirm it just moments ago....

while talking about pitcher's values, kruk stated that he would take washburn over the likes of pedro, halladay, etc simply because he has the most wins. while this is silly enough, he proceeded to ADAMANTLY defend this position by saying that "he is putting his team in a position to win" and "that is a pitcher's only job". karl ravech quickly pointed out that HIS TEAM is winning games for him and that obviously a guy with a low ERA and better numbers who is simply the victim of poor run support is the better pitcher.

unbelievable. it's one thing to suggest that as one way to look at a pitcher's value, but entirely another to vehemently reject any argument otherwise. get lost kruk! :-t
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Sun May 16, 2004 7:47 pm

Yup, Kruk says he'd give the Cy to Washburn cuz he has seven wins, meaning he is putting his team in a position to win. The comment is so utterly moronic it basically doesn't even warrant a response. What's troubling is that he managed to convince Harold Reynolds that this made sense. Only Ravech seemed to comprehend that it's been the Angel hitters and bullpen winning the games for Washburn, rather than Washburn earning the W's on his own.

That said, Washburn is worth owning right now. The team's confidence level is clearly sky high when he pitches, and 20 wins is not out of the question. Mid 4 ERA or not, that does give him some big value.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: IT IS OFFICIAL: John Kruk is a Moron

Postby GSes » Sun May 16, 2004 7:47 pm

G-Man wrote:while there has been speculation that kruk was a complete idiot ever since he started on baseball tonight, he went out of his way to confirm it just moments ago....

while talking about pitcher's values, kruk stated that he would take washburn over the likes of pedro, halladay, etc simply because he has the most wins. while this is silly enough, he proceeded to ADAMANTLY defend this position by saying that "he is putting his team in a position to win" and "that is a pitcher's only job". karl ravech quickly pointed out that HIS TEAM is winning games for him and that obviously a guy with a low ERA and better numbers who is simply the victim of poor run support is the better pitcher.

unbelievable. it's one thing to suggest that as one way to look at a pitcher's value, but entirely another to vehemently reject any argument otherwise. get lost kruk! :-t

If thats true, Im really really angered by that theory, if he said that then all I have to say WHHAT IN THE BLUE HELL IS THE MAN DOING ON BBALL 2nite?????? Jesus christ, how can u be that dumb and be making money to be on tv for ESPN. ESPN is supposed to be the most knowledgeable sports network.

Kruk said that, wow. That is REALLY REALLY BADm what a idiot.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bibsybob » Sun May 16, 2004 7:50 pm

espn's football analysts seem to be the only ppl that know what they are talkin about.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheRaven » Sun May 16, 2004 8:03 pm

I dont have to read any of the posts to say that I completely agree with the topic title.
TheRaven
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pedro » Sun May 16, 2004 8:07 pm

I like Kruk's logic!

I'll take Antonio Alfonseca over guys like Carlos Zambrano, Wade Miller, Kevin Millwood, Matt Morris, Kerry Wood, Josh Beckett or Brandon Webb because he has 5 wins and they don't.

;-)
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby G-Man » Sun May 16, 2004 8:11 pm

Pedro wrote:I like Kruk's logic!

I'll take Antonio Alfonseca over guys like Carlos Zambrano, Wade Miller, Kevin Millwood, Matt Morris, Kerry Wood, Josh Beckett or Brandon Webb because he has 5 wins and they don't.

;-)

he also has 6 fingers on his pitching hand, and they only have 5. ;-D
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers